Ship of Coull's

18 August 2015
18 August 2015
23 July 2015
16 July 2015
10 July 2015
10 July 2015
01 February 2015 | Toronto
08 October 2014 | gulf of Maine
20 September 2014
05 September 2014
26 August 2014
14 July 2014

Northeast Harbour Main

20 September 2014

Friday September 19th

We have been waiting in Northeast Harbour for a Navionics Navigation chip that we require for the coast of Maine.

The binnacle out of Halifax is sending a replacement to us since the chip they sold us in July was the wrong size. Sailing without the electronic charts is painful.

With some time on our hands we have decided to take a road trip to pick up our car and drive to Portland ferry dock with Kim and Trevor. More details will be provided when we post the Blog previous to this.

We rented a car in Yarmouth and drove to get our car in Chester. Three hours there and three hours back to the Rodd Grand Hotel. Next morning back on the ferry to Portland. The Novastar is a great way to travel. http://novastarcruises.com


We drove to Freeport and found some outlet shopping. John actually shopped and seemed to enjoy it. The $30.00 parking ticket however took some of the fun out of the deals that we got.

We then drove to Rockland and met up with Charlie Wilton a close old friend from Orillia that Mick and John grew up with. We were checking out places to haul Genevieve. Charlie recommends Knights Marine in Rockland; it is the most economical so far. John researched about seven yards and this seems to offer us the best options.

We drove to Stonington and got prices from Billings Yard. The have a great reputation however financially way out of our league.

On the same drive we stopped at the Hinckley Yard now that is impressive. Moira would like one of those sail or power so beautiful. http://www.hinckleyyachts.com


Drove too Bar Harbor where three cruse ships had taken over then drove the loop of the Acadia National Park, a stunning national treasure on the coast of Maine. http://www.nps.gov/acad/index.htm

Spectacular views everywhere you look. There are hikers and kayakers galore.

We arrive back at Genevieve and followed up to see where the chip was as it was to be sent FedEx. Well the employee who was sending it quit the Binnacle and didn’t tell anyone that he hadn’t sent it. The owner admitted that we were being screwed around and gave us our money back so we could buy the chip stateside.

We ended up getting it from the local West Marine who delivered it to the Harbour -master. John installed it and it works like a charm.

We caught up on laundry got some provisions and are hoping to head out tomorrow.

But wait there’s more…

Lap top woes,
Just as we were about to publish the last blog entry John knocked over his morning coffee and as luck would have it Moira’s Mac is very very sick. The updated blog is on Moira’s laptop. The laptop is in the shop, as we try to recover the contents, the tech thinks he can recover all the information on her hard drive but likely the MAC is toast.


September 20th

We are both well, holding up in North East Harbor waiting for the wind and seas to settle down then we will head for Rockland where we will haul Genevieve and settle her in for the winter.

We tried to leave today but once we left the protected harbour the waves were breaking over the bow. We both agreed to turn back and go back on the mooring. Have we told you how cold it is? There are frost warnings.

Song comes to mind…
We gotta get out of this place, if it’s the last thing we ever do…. Girl there’s a better life for me and you…
Comments
Vessel Name: Genevieve
Vessel Make/Model: C&C Custom 42
Hailing Port: Picton Ontario
Crew: Moira and John Coull
Home Page: Moira and I are back in Ontario after leaving Genevieve wrapped up for the winter in Rockland Maine. If you are curious please check out our blog. http://www.sailblogs.com/member/log/

Who: Moira and John Coull
Port: Picton Ontario