The Voyages of s/v Lucky Bird

21 August 2019 | Straits Marina, Mackinaw City
06 August 2019 | Village of Brockport
30 July 2019
27 July 2019
21 June 2019 | Wickford Cove Marina
20 May 2019 | Antlantic Yacht Basin
13 May 2019 | Homer Smith Marina, final Salty Dawg Destination
21 April 2019 | Frenchtown, St. Thomas V.I. Easter Celebration
20 April 2019 | Brewers Bay, St. Thomas VI
11 April 2019 | Nanny Cay Marine, Tortola, BVI
28 March 2019 | Green Cay Marina, St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
25 March 2019
24 February 2019 | Jolly Harbor Marina, Antigua

Goodbye North Channel

29 July 2013
So our journey to the North Channel is on the final leg. We suffered a very long and tedious power/sail yesterday doing just what I've said I'd no long do, pounding into the wind and waves on our nose. Argg!! We had a reefed main to help slow the rolling and give a little boost in speed. Threatening clouds all day with warnings of water-spouts. Only saw the makings of a water-spout but it never touched down.

We were beat as we headed into Little Traverse Bay heading for Irish Boat Shop in Harbor Springs. And then the rainbows. I've never experienced a rainbow that started right at our boat and went up over us. Then another, a second bow, it seemed they were coming from Lucky Bird, quite spectacular a nice ending for a very long day. It's almost like Mother Nature was saying, OK you paid you dues today here's a reward. Nice.

As an aside, Kody is not very pleased with all the rocking and rolling, with the rain and the loud sound of the wind in the rigging. Quite a bit of shaking going on with the Kodster.

As always, LB did just fine, it's just us the old folks who have the problems with winds/waves on the nose. So now it's out into Lake Michigan for the trip back to Chicago. Wind forecasts don't seem to favorable, ah I remember those three gorgeous weeks we had in the Channel, more dues paying I guess.
Comments
Vessel Name: Lucky Bird
Vessel Make/Model: 1990 Moody 425 cc
Hailing Port: Kenosha, WI
Crew: Robert & Alice Smith
About:
Alice and I have spent considerable time together on the water; cruising and racing on the waters of New England, the Caribbean and Lake Michigan.

Sailing is our passion and together we've been fortunate to experience the thrills, the camaraderie and the enjoyment boating provides. [...]

We seek the freedom, excitement and challenges of voyaging.

Lucky Bird's Photos - Main
This is our second journey south to the Caribbean. This time we've chosen to exit Lake Michigan and proceed south through the in-land waterway system to Mobile. We'll start around Labor Day and take our time exploring the history of middle America.
207 Photos
Created 28 July 2017
30 Photos
Created 12 July 2013
101 Photos
Created 17 July 2012
Bob and Alice return to Lucky Bird after spending the summer in Addison.
31 Photos
Created 4 December 2010
Heading into the Windward Islands and further south
108 Photos
Created 22 February 2010
121 Photos
Created 11 June 2009