25 August 2012 | Bahias de Chahue, Huatulco, Oaxaca
24 July 2012 | Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico
30 May 2012 | Huatulco
22 May 2012 | Huatulco, Oaxaca, Mexico
22 May 2012 | Bahia Santa Cruz
22 May 2012 | Bahia Santa Cruz
15 April 2012 | Huatulco
08 April 2012 | Playa de la Ropa/ Zihuatenjo
08 April 2012 | Ixtapa
08 April 2012 | Mantanchen
28 March 2012 | Bahia Santiago
28 March 2012 | La Cruz
08 March 2012 | La Cruz
13 February 2012 | Jaltamba
13 February 2012 | La Cruz
02 February 2012 | Mazatlan
05 January 2012 | La Paz

Mother Earth is kind to us

05 October 2010 | Morrow Bay
clowdy skies
Hello Family and Friends,

Mother Earth has been very kind to us. We've sailed/motored down to Morrow Bay and it's been an incredible, exhilarating journey so far. The whales are so magnificent, powerful, graceful and humbling. We've seen lots of dolphins especially in Capitola and Morrow Bay. When we entered the entrance three dolphins jumped simultaneously. What a greeting!!! In Capitola, there are lots of anchovies and sardines this time of year, so they were having a feast. A whole family of sea otters welcomed us at San Simeon cove. They were hanging out on their backs just letting life pass by and observing this crazy white sailboat entering their living room. In Monterey Bay, we saw a mother whale and baby, they weren't the least bit concerned with us.

We're waiting for the weather to clear before we continue on south past Point Conception. There were gale force winds today, so we were glad to be safely tied up to the dock. Got a chance to catch up on laundry, emails, and relaxing. The VHF radio weather report has become our best friend.

We had a "random act of kindness" moment in Half Moon Bay. We needed a boat part and the local harbor master said the chandlery shop was closed on Wednesday's but he'd drive down to her house across the street and see if she would open up for us. This lovely Japanese lady did and we got exactly what we needed. Turns out her daughter does Taiko drumming, so we had a lot to chat about.

Juliette, the cockatoo, loves the boat and is making herself at home in all the nooks and crannies throughout the boat.

I LOVE the cruising life so far and miss you all.

Love Vivien
Comments
Vessel Name: Lady Ann
Vessel Make/Model: Irwin 37
Hailing Port: San Rafael, California
Crew: Joel, Vivien/Kavyasree, Juliette
About: Joel grew up sailing in Washington and retired after a 14 year career with Alcatel Lucent. Vivien still has her Wellness business. She learned to sail in S.F. bay on a windsurfer. Juliette, our cockatoo is the admiral or commonly referred to as "The Queen".
Extra: We have been planning this since 2002 and our time has finally come to go cruising.

Lady Ann

Who: Joel, Vivien/Kavyasree, Juliette
Port: San Rafael, California