Magic Dragon Blog

Vessel Name: Magic Dragon
Vessel Make/Model: Tayana V42
Hailing Port: Deltaville, Va
Crew: Herb & Frank
Recent Blog Posts

No blog posts yet...

Bacardi Rum Factory

07 May 2010
We slept in, checked out of the hotel, ate an early lunch in Condado, and then drove over to the Bacardi Rum Factory for the tour and free drinks. The scale of the factory is huge, producing 100,000 gallons of run a day. The our isn't really a tour, it's more of a film/multimedia thing. How they make the rum is only lightly touched on; its more about the history of the company and the Bacardi family, with a big emphasize on 'the brand'.

We, of course, managed to scam extra drink tickets, so we stayed a little longer than expected and didn't manage to avoid the traffic this time. It took us 2.5 house to get back to Fajardo, driving through the remnants of a torrential storm that left standing water up to a foot deep in places on the highway.

After checking on the boat, we went up to Luquillo for some supper at El Jefe's Burger Shack. Scott and Jen had recommended the mojitos enthusiastically. It's in a sort of strip mall of small restaurants right on the beach, called Balnerio Kioscas. They're all kind of squatty concrete sheds, open in the front and back, about 60 or more of them in all, serving everything from burgers to Argentinian food. A lot are full service restaurants.

The mojito was excellent (get the ginger lemon one if you ever go), and the burger was probably the best we've had in a long time. We waddled back to the car and drove back to the boat to bed.
Comments

About & Links

SailBlogs Friends
Safari Tu