Makana

21 March 2017 | Vero Beach FL
01 August 2016 | Alaska
02 November 2015
16 August 2015 | Zion Nat'l Park UT
20 July 2015 | DC tax $ at work
20 July 2015 | Wash DC
01 July 2015 | Maine
06 March 2015 | George Town
04 March 2015 | George Town
10 February 2015 | Bahamas
10 February 2015 | Red Shanks Exuma
30 November 2014 | St Augustine
21 November 2014 | Hammock Dunes NC
18 November 2014 | Elizabeth City NC
07 October 2014 | Maine
25 September 2014 | USS Albacore
25 September 2014 | Portsmouth NH
25 September 2014 | Georgetown MD
16 September 2014 | Long Island Sound NY
05 July 2014 | Camden & Farmington ME

Warm on the verge of being Hot!

22 November 2011 | Charleston SC
Rick
From Calabash we motored thru the "rock pile" of Myrtle Beach. When I was young we used to go camping at a state park on the ocean in Myrtle Beach. At that time in addition to the two campgrounds Myrtle Beach had its assortment of mini-golf courses and a few tourist attractions. Along the beach there was little development with no building more than two stories high as far as you could see both to the north and south of the campground. Today Myrtle Beach has more in common with Manhattan, the skyline of thirty story condo's and hotel's came into view when we were miles away.
That night we were treated to a dock at Heritage Plantation along with dinner. My fathers best friend from his childhood, Jimmy along with his wife Judy were the hosts. They gave us a tour of Pawleys Island and took Hoku on a golf cart ride where she had a turn at the wheel.
After a sunrise departure from Pawleys Island we motored past Georgetown to spend the night anchored outside of Charleston in a calm creek. So I decided to have Katie hoist me up the mast to change the anchor light from a halogen bulb to an LED. It was the last light on Makana which had not been changed to and LED. We can now turn on almost every light on the boat and use less electricity than one of the old halogen used! Onward to one of our favorite stops along the ICW, Charleston.
Comments
Vessel Name: Makana
Vessel Make/Model: Admiral Excutive 38
Hailing Port: Camden, Maine
Crew: Rick, Katie & Hoku
About: We launched Makana in Aug. 2006 and have taken her from South Africa to the Caribbean, Bahamas, US East Coast to Maine.
Extra: We offer custom charters in Maine during the summer and Bahamas during the winter.

The Crew

Who: Rick, Katie & Hoku
Port: Camden, Maine