Malibu

24 August 2015
29 June 2015
12 June 2015
12 May 2015
20 December 2014
11 December 2014
29 October 2014
11 October 2014
08 October 2014
17 September 2014
02 September 2014
24 June 2014
13 June 2014
06 June 2014
06 June 2014
06 June 2014
28 May 2014
14 May 2014

Gone Sailing (again)

07 May 2015
Andrew
Sorry no photo, but the camera's charged!

Quick update ..winter has seen Yvonne working hard in Aberdeen while I've literally been flying around. Was working in Doha, been training in Tenerife then in Scotland and back to Spain in between! Now as a commercially endorsed Yachtmaster offshore , RYA Cruising instructor and Diesel instructor I hope to pick up some work in the yachting industry....

Malibu has remained comfortably afloat in Sant Carles de la Rapita. All ready for another season, the jobs list almost empty at last.

The big problem here is the fouling under the boat, which is the most extreme anyone has ever seen. I was pleased to see that my antifouling appeared to have coped, however on a trip across the marina to get fuel I realised that the propeller was not driving "properlly" due to shell growth.... On with the scuba kit and a full 15 mins underwater to reveal the prop again!

Richard on Strongbow has been a great friend to us since we caught up in Portimao, He has been with me in Sant Carles over winter but this morning headed north for the Bay of Roses..... always strange to wonder when cruising paths will cross again.

Our plan for now is to sail back to the Balearics, Yvonne will be out for a couple of week's holiday late May, then I expect to return to Gibraltar for a time. Will try for some photos in the meantime!
Comments
Vessel Name: Malibu
Vessel Make/Model: Oyster 406
Hailing Port: Troon
Crew: Andrew and Yvonne
About: Andrew and Yvonne have upped sticks and left Scotland in their floating home heading South plan flexible!
Extra: The purpose of our blog is primarily to keep family and friends informed of our whereabouts and activities. You can see our last reported position on "Maps" plotted on google earth.

Who: Andrew and Yvonne
Port: Troon