Malibu

24 August 2015
29 June 2015
12 June 2015
12 May 2015
20 December 2014
11 December 2014
29 October 2014
11 October 2014
08 October 2014
17 September 2014
02 September 2014
24 June 2014
13 June 2014
06 June 2014
06 June 2014
06 June 2014
28 May 2014
14 May 2014

Dog Snog

02 November 2013
Andrew
We settled into life in Portimao, getting to know the neighbours and familiarising ourselves with the shops etc. more intensive than our usual routine since we know we will be here for some months.
The fantastic weather we had been enjoying eventually broke with heavy rain and strong winds for short periods over a few days. Thankfully normal service was resumed in time for Susanne and Allan visiting from Troon just as the clocks changed.
They had arranged flights direct out of Prestwick and booked into the Tivoli hotel which surrounds the Marina. It was great to see them and it all worked out really well, but was a whirlwind 5 days.
Our first trip out on the boat, looking for dolphins and fishing soon had Susanne preoccupied with the blue bucket! so we retraced our steps and enjoyed the sun in the marina. We had a train ride into Lagos, but the favourite destination was Ferragudo, the small fishing village opposite. We visited it by water taxi and then bikes over the next days. We perfected the sundowner routine as the week progressed. On the last day we watched from the beach opposite; we had motored the short distance from the Marina and anchored off the beach. Susanne was first in for a swim before lunch, then a dinghy ride to the beach bar for Sangria and sunset! Pretty well perfect.
As we watched, the beach team were dissembling the conical wicker sunshades for the winter, tomorrow was after all November! Thankfully no one has yet told the sun, as we are looking at forecasts of 20 plus degrees all next week.
Inevitably with theYvonne and Susanne show on the road they introduced themselves to all the dogs we met along the way. See picture above, Susanne explained to the Dutch owner she loved dogs, who immediately took the opportunity to pet her and explain he also loved women!

Great to see friends from home, particularly Susanne our top commentator on this blog! She can now confirm I don't just make it all up!
Comments
Vessel Name: Malibu
Vessel Make/Model: Oyster 406
Hailing Port: Troon
Crew: Andrew and Yvonne
About: Andrew and Yvonne have upped sticks and left Scotland in their floating home heading South plan flexible!
Extra: The purpose of our blog is primarily to keep family and friends informed of our whereabouts and activities. You can see our last reported position on "Maps" plotted on google earth.

Who: Andrew and Yvonne
Port: Troon