Following the Moon

23 April 2017 | Somewhere in the Sea of Cortez
12 March 2017 | Punta de Mita
24 February 2017 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
16 February 2017 | somewhere between Tenacatita and Puerto Vallarta
03 February 2017 | Banderas Bay
01 January 2017 | Mazatlan, Mexico
09 December 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
27 November 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
22 November 2016
19 November 2016
15 November 2016
14 November 2016 | Still in CDA
09 November 2016

Whilin away the days

09 December 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
Quick update, while I'm using my TelCel hotspot. The Internet in the marina is still frustratingly sketchy, so it's hard to accomplish much online. We successfully negotiated the maze that is purchasing data from TelCel, but it's amazing how quickly 4GB of data disappears when you're trying to watch a Gonzaga basketball game...

Anyway, things are still rolling along smoothly here. The weather is stellar - low to mid 80's during the days, high 50's at night. No humidity. We had quite the storm pass through last weekend, big winds and downpours. It did reveal a crack in one of the hatch covers, which of course is located right over the bed. Luckily, the dripping woke me up, and John was able to deal with it. Otherwise, we were snug and warm inside the boat as the storm raged.

We've ventured out a wee bit and discovered a beautiful beach area just north of town. Yesterday we wandered up there with our friend Bernie (who's been sailing with us the few times we've ventured out this year) to listen to classic rock music played by two young Mexicans and a gringo drummer at a place called Surf's Up Cafe. It was great music, and great fun to sit in a tiki bar by the ocean, listening to music. We hope to go back some Saturday for some Reggae!

John's still plugging away on projects. We have a new fridge, and he's been solving electrical issues, plus a wealth of other smaller, yet equally important, tasks. I'm still working as I can, depending on the state of the Internet.

Not much time for emailing, telephone calls, or social media, though my phone is on and available to accept calls and texts (hint hint).

Went sailing on Wednesday with Bernie, and found brisk winds and clear skies. Still formulating plans about where we'll head once the boat projects are done. We're meeting nice people, enjoying great food and beverages, and watching a fair number of NFL and Gonzaga basketball games.

I've found a local yoga class, and hear rumors of a Spanish class here in the marina, as well. A fellow cruiser is planning to do some caroling for charity, and we have blue twinkly lights on the boat that are helping make it feel more like the holiday season.

We also discovered a private beach club that marina guests can access, and hope to get back there soon to laze by the pool.

So, if you don't hear from us, picture John crawling around the boat surrounded by tools and me pounding on the keyboard. Or, John swimming in the ocean and me searching for seashells on the beach.

Have some eggnog, sing a carol or two, and watch a Christmas movie for us! We, in turn, will sip on a little tequila, eat a taco, and soak up the Mexican sunshine for you.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mangata
Vessel Make/Model: 1988 Hunter
Hailing Port: Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Crew: John and Beth