Following the Moon

23 April 2017 | Somewhere in the Sea of Cortez
12 March 2017 | Punta de Mita
24 February 2017 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
16 February 2017 | somewhere between Tenacatita and Puerto Vallarta
03 February 2017 | Banderas Bay
01 January 2017 | Mazatlan, Mexico
09 December 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
27 November 2016 | Marina Mazatlan
22 November 2016
19 November 2016
15 November 2016
14 November 2016 | Still in CDA
09 November 2016

Just another day in paradise

24 February 2017 | La Cruz de Huanacaxtle
John made the trip back to La Cruz de Huanacaxtle safely, and is once again safely anchored in Banderas Bay.

The aforementioned flooding in North Idaho extended to the lower level of our house, so Beth spent last weekend hauling wet carpet pads, moving fans, and washing towels, trying to return the carpet to its original dry state. Great exercise, but not so much fun.

So she was thrilled to wave goodbye to the Frozen North on Tuesday and return to Mexico. The plane left Spokane in a snowstorm, so 80 degrees and sunshine were a welcome sight at the other end of the voyage.

Now we're spending our days exploring and enjoying La Cruz. John is trying to get on a boat to participate in the Banderas Bay Regatta next weekend. Beth is once again trying to balance work and play, and find the perfect margarita.

Life is slow in this tiny fishing village, which is fine with us. We're hoping to get out and do some day sailing, as soon as we have a day that's not filled with workshops, yoga, festivals, markets, and the myriad of events that keep the cruisers busy in La Cruz.

No clue when we'll head north again. Still hoping to get over to Baja, but we're only looking as far as our next beer and sunny day right now.

We have great cell coverage and Internet, so call, text, or write! It's always nice to hear from friends at home.

Leaving you with a picture of the anchorage at Paraiso Cove, one of John's stops on the way back from Barra de Navidad.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mangata
Vessel Make/Model: 1988 Hunter
Hailing Port: Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico
Crew: John and Beth