S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Veteran's Day Parade, pt II

13 November 2009
The full photographic exhibit - minus old cars (Marianna and Hal's interest) and any kids not in NJROTC (Brownies and Boy Scouts mostly, they all look terribly worried in still photos, must be all the guns present on Duval that afternoon!) with apologies for any mislabelling (I'm not military and Marianna and Hal are both out of the house so I'm making it up as I go).


The review stand - Dan, photogenic guy, the Skipper and Sir Peter Anderson of the Conch Republic.


The two Army guys from Hal's compound - R and SM.


The parade begins with the requisite wild eyed horse followed by loud bikes, I think these are from the VFW, perhaps?


Mike and Debbie from the marina.


The Joint Task Force Color Guard.


The Joint Task Force Platoon.


Coast Guard photo for our friend up the Keys a ways. They had the best flag, check out those ribbony bits!


The Coasties have boats, lots of boats, some of which can fit down Duval Street.


Hurray for the pipers who came from New York!


A snazzy Color Guard


And the Navy, row after row of blinding dress whites.


The Key West Marching Conchs, one of the best high school bands I've ever heard!


The Conchettes, which are not cheerleaders, or the dance team, or the flag team. They're Key West's version of The Rockettes.


Seabees, I think. We see them cruising just like this all over the island.


The Knights of Columbus


The one Navy vessel that fit down Duval.


A cool float...


...with a scary sniper. See why the Brownies scurried so?


And the Key West High School Naval Junior Reserve Officiers Training Corp!!!


Marianna with the rifle and her friend has the guidon.


Spinning rifles, note the blurry hands, they were moving!


The full NJROTC platoon.


And in the most brilliant parade move I've ever experienced, they closed the parade with the Fire Trucks rather than putting them right behind the band or the horses, which appear to be favored positions for the engines in other parades.

So. Terrific parade, wasn't it? :)

Happy Veteran's Day!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty