S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Bayside Seafood Festival

18 January 2007 | Bayside Park, Key West
Sunny, light breeze
On Saturday Marianna and I scrounged a few bikes from under the barracks that the last SF class had left behind and we ventured out into Key West for the first time on bicycles. First stop was the Bayside Seafood Festival for Peel and Eat Key West Pink Shrimp. So very yummy! Lots of street performers hanging out, doing their thing. Our favorite was this young unicycler even though I knew he was going to crash into our tent or set it afire. (Of course, he didn't.)

Fueled up, we rode over the the Acura Key West Race Headquarters (link is to 2006 photos, 2007 doesn't seem to be up yet) to check out the boats. They were set up right beside the old Turtle Cannery so we toured that sad piece of history. They did have a small live green turtle in a tub for viewing.

In the same area were the dingy docks. I think it is so funny to look at the various tenders piled so closely together, everything from brand new shiny purchases to the most dilapidated barely afloat antique. Interesting.



After riding about town and taking note of the coffee houses and WiFi spots we were ready for another local delicacy - Golden Crabs. Mmmm! There seems to be much more meat than on a Blue Crab, though there is a tougher skin under the shell of the Goldens that a knife would be nice to use on - versus a plastic fork and a wooden hammer!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty