Rays and Math Fun
04 February 2007
Rain! Will the wall be delayed?
Stopped by to see the Whaling Wall today right as a huge downpour started, so we mostly saw people scattering to their cars or running for the Gallery Tent! All four sides are being painted and on the side of the wall that drivers heading to Key West will see, two large manta rays are taking shape.
In a completely unrelated topic, I found the most relevant 10 Commandments ever written. I'm afraid I should have had these for copywork as a child. But really, what is more fun than inflicting schooly things I should have done as a homeschooler on my own little second generation homeschooler?
The Ten Commandments of Math
1. Thou shalt read thy problem...carefully.
2. Whatsoever thou doest to one side of thy equation, do ye also to the other.
3. Thou must use thy "common sense", else thou wilt have flagpoles 9,000 feet high. Yea, even fathers younger than sons.
4. Thou shalt ignore the teachings of false prophets to do all thy work in thy head.
5. When thou knowest not, thou shalt look it up; and if thy search still elude thee, thou shalt ask thy All-Knowing Teacher.
6. Thou shalt master each step before putting thy heavy foot down on the next.
7. Thy correct answer does not prove that thou hast worked thy problem correctly. This argument convincest none, least of all thy Teacher.
8. Thou shalt first see that thou hast copied thy problem correctly, before bearing false witness that the answer book lieth.
9. Thou shalt look back even unto thy youth and remember thy arithmetic.
10. Thou shalt learn, read, write ,speak, and listen correctly in the language of mathematics, and verily A's and B's shall follow thee even unto graduation.
Maybe I should dig out my own journal and write these in now.