S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

A Few Nice Things...

01 September 2007
this morning since I have the chance to post BUT I sent the camera with the card in the waterproof case out in the dinghy so...no pictures available! Darn! The coordination is lacking this morning, I guess. I think it comes from splitting the same amount of coffee between three people when we are used to splitting it in two. It is a theory anyway, a caffeine deprived theory perhaps, but a theory just the same! ;)

Let's see, first off I've contacted Tim at SailBlogs about the difficulty people have been having leaving comments here, his response:

The comments system has been getting hammered by spammers over the past two weeks. There is a block in there for ip addresses, and as these get tagged it is affecting other users (i.e. if an IP address of a main system, like AOL, gets tagged). I'm working on a slightly smarter system that does not have such blanket blocking. I have to do it carefully, tho.
This is not really related to the maintenance we're doing, but rather a spike in traffic that is occurring for a few blogs.


Thank you so much for emailing me and letting me know there was comment trouble happening!
Hopefully Tim will be able to hammer out the slightly smarter system in no time at all! Think hammocks, not blankets!




Dear, nice, Dawn at By Sun and Candlelight awarded the Nice Matters Award to me this week!

A (slightly modified) description of the award:
"This award is for those who are nice people; good friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our world."

I am going to break with tradition a bit here and award this Nice Matters Award to some real, close to me, people - Hal, Marianna and Veronica! It has been a very nice week so far, we are all still alive, no one has been deep-sixed and very few if any tears have been shed!

They truly deserve this award and if you want to play along grab a tape measure and mark out a 35 ft by 11 ft space that is kinda pointy on one end. Stand in that space with three of your nearest and dearest loved ones and imagine moving all your possessions into the space with you.

Nice really does matter in a situation like this!


Now, just for fun, when I was over at By Sun and Candlelight to grab the Nice Matters button I went ahead and took the Accent Quiz I found over there and the results were scary accurate for this Denver-born and California-raised girl!

What American accent do you have?
Created by Xavier on Memegen.net

Western. Like Midland, Western is another accent that people consider neutral. So, you might not actually be from the Western half of the country, but you definitely sound like it.




I hope your Labor Day Weekend is off to roaring start! Hopefully the camera will return and be filled with exciting photos to share! Stay tuned...
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty