S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

A Memory and a Discovery

17 May 2008
A beloved comic ripped the other day.



Hal and I had hung it up years ago in the companionway. Marianna was still little enough she could run around and around on the seats in the boat without cracking her head on a thing. She also was in the hop-hop-hop mode of transportation. She'd hop onto the boat clinging to the rail, swing under, run to the cockpit, hop over the combing to the seats, run around the cockpit once or twice, hop down to the floor area and bounce down each step of the companionway.

Any unsuspecting person below decks was guaranteed a minor heart attack as this 50 pound squirrel was cavorting over their heads.

So it was with a saddened heart that I removed the comic that was not so relevant anymore. Marianna no longer resembles that 50 pound squirrel being all legs and braids and stealth. Oh yes, she has taken good notes from Harriet the Spy and can sneak up on lizards and mothers with equal aplomb.

However, waiting forgetten all these years under the comic was this pretty little plaque.



Now, I know you most likely cannot read it but just below the topmost chain it says "Oh Lord, my boat is so small," followed along the bottom with "and Your sea is so great." To the right is an image of St. Christopher and the words "St. Christopher be my guide."

I have zero recollection of ever having seen this before. Isn't that weird? It is now one of my most favorite things on this boat though!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty