S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

My Datebook, September 14

14 September 2009
Stop by Peggy's for more entries.



Outside my Window...
Crabs, loads and loads of tiny crabs. September always brings little crabs to land. We always used to say one needed to carry a golf club to walk up to the showerhouse at the marina, just to clear the walkway of all these little golf ball sized crabs! Mia is totally distracted on her walks now. She adores playing with the crabs. She looks like a meerkat playing with a scorpion.


Sleepy Mia


I am thinking...
about clothes actually. I'm attending my very first Chief Petty Officer's Khaki Ball on Friday. After much discussion this past weekend I think it has been determined that a tea length gown would be most appropriate. A Girl's Night is being planned this week with the goal of finding a dress, so here's hoping for success! Shopping in Key West is always an adventure...

I am wearing ...
currently khaki shorts and a Schooner's Wharf tee that I won in a conch blowing contest.

I am thankful for...
time spent with my husband this past weekend.

From the kitchen...
I think that today is the Triumph of the Cross and I just happen to have a basil plant that desperately needs trimming. Supposedly the hill Saint Helena found the Cross on was covered in basil. Mahimahi is on sale this week too, and the Ember Days are upon us again so some menu planning needs to happen this morning! I found Jen at Wildflowers and Marbles plans last year to be comprehensive and inspiring.

Towards a Real Education...
Marianna's homework this weekend was a poster using two art materials illustrating 3 Tom Swifties from Sleeping Freshmen Never Lie and one original Tom Swifty by Marianna. She chose colored ink and mulberry paper for her materials.

I am creating...
a house that is a home.

I am reading...
Under the Persimmon Tree by Suzanne Fisher Staples

Around the home...
My passionflower vine is blooming!

One of my favorite things...
Last Friday we participated in a NASKW 9/11 Memorial Motorcycle Ride up to Marathon stopping at all the Police and Fire Stations to thank them for their service and deliver a poster signed by all the participants.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Busy, busy week! Tuesday will be the Girls Night Out, Wednesday is the Pinning Ceremony for the Chief Selectees and I work in the evening and it's an Ember Day. Thursday I'll work the night shift again and it's the first day of the Peterson's Poker Run so we might drop down to Duval to see some of the bikes. Friday is the Khaki Ball, Duval will definitely be closed for the 10,000 expected bikes and it's an Ember Day - mmmm, they're serving Mahimahi at the Ball! Saturday I do believe Hal will be taking his Chang Jiang down to Duval and it's an Ember Day again.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you:



My Passionflower Vine

Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty