S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Outdoor Hour Challenge - Signs of Autumn

02 December 2010


A few years ago Marianna and I completed several Outdoor Hour Challenges, a few more were on Marianna's blog, I think, and even more weren't blogged - oh, the horror! Doing something and not blogging it! lol!



Anyway, while out walking yesterday a cold front began to push through the Keys. A dark line of clouds brought increased wind and a definite nip to the air. By the time I made it back to the house I was convinced we were in for a downpour, the clouds were that low and ominous!



Being chilled (it was 72F and windy after all, with no sun) I brewed up a cuppa tea and sat down with my favorite sketchbook committed to spending just 15 minutes. It was fun! I had a great time and realized just how much I miss it. I need to get over my perfectionist tendencies and just do it.



So I did. Do you doubt that it was breezy? Check out the tag on the teabag - it was blowing all over the place! And yes, that is a coconut sitting on our table. If it's shaken you can hear the juice slosh inside it.



On to the sketch itself. Dark gray clouds and tattered banana leaves, a little info on the weather - wind gusts to 30 mph, and the date. I've spent so long doing everything with my daughter as homeschoolers that I think I'm just beginning to realize that I can continue to do the things I enjoy without her, just for me.

But that is a topic for another day!

Thank you, Barb, for continuing these terrific and inspiring Outdoor Hour Challenges! I really do enjoy them so very much.
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty