S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Care to Place a Guess?

08 September 2006
Care to hazard a guess as to whose home this was? This famous personage also had a residence in Key West, so Marianna and I were very pleased to be able to visit the landlocked home he returned to throughout his very busy life. The iron fence had to be installed at his retirement as 10,000 people (half the population of the town) turned out to welcome him home.


His very first job was at Clinton's Soda Fountain Shop where he served up Phosphates and Sundaes before and after school. This Soda Jerk's favorite treat was a Chocolate Ice Cream Sundae with Butterscotch Sauce, no nuts, no whipped cream. (We added whipped cream to ours!)

After trying his hand at a Haberdashery shop in a nearby city, he became involved with the 'Pendergast Machine' and returned to this town, working just across the street at the Courthouse and eating his lunches at Clinton's still.


This proud Missouri Son never forgot his dirt farming roots, though he did marry his Sunday School Sweetheart who was definitely from the upper class - at least according to her mother! They moved in with her mother at 219, and she stayed with the married couple and their daughter for the rest of her very long life.

So in the tradition of Cay's Cajun Cottage Under the Oaks Mystery Literature Locations, place your best guess in the Comments and check back tomorrow for the answer!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty