S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Solution for a dreary, dreary day

10 January 2007
It has been so dreary here this week. Tuesday and Wednesday both were cloudy and windy, no rain just low slung, fast moving clouds. One day of this sort of weather is fine. We can pretend we're in England on the wind swept moors, but two days of it and we're comatose on the settee, moaning for the sun!

As an aside, would you believe my dh bought full spectrum lights for me when we lived in a certain "Misery" state? I suppose that is what is needed when one grows up under those blue, blue Colorado skies. His other solution was to move me south and ever further south!

My solution last night was to root through the Christmas tub that was still in the cockpit and pull out an unused strand of lights. They are icicle, a mix of mostly white with a few colors scattered randomly around. Twisted up over the companionway the cockpit became bright and cheery. We ate our grilled chicken breasts with mushrooms and melty blue cheese while playing Yahtzee last night and retired to bed in a much brighter mood!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty