S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Upcoming - The Loveliness of Taking Meals Out of Doors

29 May 2007
My, my! Have we been busy! Hiking, Kayaking, Biking, all in this lovely mountainous region of our country (oooh, my legs! Florida is rather flat you know! LOL!). However, all this outdoor activity does not stop when mealtime rolls around. Some days a granola bar and an apple are quickly handed out with a water bottle while still astride our bikes, while other days finds us spreading our striped picnic cloth and laying out quite the feast!

Have you moved outdoors for the summer too? With the lovely weather we've been experiencing how can one resist the call of the Spring birds and remain inside? Would you consider sharing your favorite (or not so favorite - ants?!?) aspects of dining out of doors with us?

On June 4, I will be hosting the Loveliness of Taking Meals Out of Doors here at the S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen. Please send submissions to lettso3 AT yahoo DOT com. This will be my very first time to host such a wonderful event and I'm quite excited!

The information I will need with your submission:
1. your name
2. your e-mail (not to be published)
3. your blog address
4. your post URL
5. a brief summary of your post or photo/entry

One does not need a blog to participate, if you have a photo or two, I would love to include them! (I love photos!)

A review of a book that inspired you would be great, as would recipes! (I love to collect recipes nearly as much as I love photos!)

Do you have secrets to share like how to build a smokeless campfire for S'Mores? Or perhaps the best ever method for making S'Mores? We are big S'Mores fans around here.

Is there one particular spot that you look forward to all winter long? And when you finally bite into that perfect sandwich while underneath the spreading bows of a blossoming cherry tree you know that summer has arrived!

Just a few ideas to spark your imagination, in the next few days Marianna and I will be taking many of our meals out of doors as we head for a brand new to her ocean - The Pacific!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty