S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Atmospheric Coffee

08 August 2007
Coffee, my friend
What would I do without you?

Piping hot in the morning,
Icy cold in the afternoon,
A day without you is like sleep.



*****************************************


Day Eight
The 10 Objectives for today:


1. State the weight in psi that the atmosphere exerts on the earth's surface.
2. State the number of feet of salt water and the number of feet of fresh water necessary to exert 1 atmosphere.
3. Explain the difference between absolute pressure and gauge pressure.
4. State the fractional volume of a closed container filled with air when it is taken from the surface to a depth of 33 feet in salt water.
5. Explain how the phenomenon referred to in Objective 4 will affect your middle ear when you dive and what you can do while descending to prevent this from injuring you.
6. State what will happen to a container which is filled with air and sealed at a depth of 33 fsw and then brought to the surface.
7. Name two conditions that can result from the above.
8. Name one thing that you must never do while scuba diving that might cause the conditions referred to in Objective 7.
9. State the common cause of air embolism when using scuba.
10. State, from memory, the emergency phone number for the Divers Alert Network.

Today we will cap a milk jug at the suface and lower it into the water observing the volume as we descend.

*****************************************
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty