S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Boating Girls

11 August 2007
Marianna and her friend have been having loads of fun taking her friend's little brother out for dinghy rides. I never know when there will be a bump on the hull and voices from the water calling for Marianna!

At the first call, up the companionway she'll dash and drop down over the side into the dink and off they'll race. Well, race is a relative term, the motor is a 2.5 Hp so putt might be a better word!


*****************************************


Didn't get this posted yesterday, life got in the way! Marianna spent alot of time swimming and boating with friends instead. Lots of fun.
These Dive Tables? Not such fun.


Day Ten
The 10 Objectives for today:


1. Tell how long it takes for the body to become saturated with nitrogen.
2. State how saturated nitrogen is released from the body.
3. Explain why divers complete dive profiles after a dive.
4. Define "surface interval"
5. Explain the difference between actual and total bottom times.
6. Explain what is meant by a repetitive dive.
7. State the surface interval between dives that would cause two dive to be treated as a long single dive.
8. State the length of time that must elapse before you can assume there is no more residual nitrogen, according to the U.S. Navy Tables.
9. Name the type of diving not appropriate for sport diving but about which you should be familiar for safety's sake.

(Hint - the answer is decompression diving and yes, I think we're familiar with the concept! LOL!)


*****************************************

Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty