S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

My Datebook, July 30

30 July 2008
Stop by Peggy's for more entries.



Outside my Window...
Girls are swimming. I was just up there reminiscing on how I used to sit on the very edge of the boat in my deck chair waiting for something tragical to happen to my little swimmer, something involving large jaws. :) Now I pitch carrots at any swimmers for their snacks.
Carrots float.

I am thinking...
about restringing my guitar for the first time and my sister has me terrified to do it - thanks, Vanessa!

I am thankful for...
Marianna, she was a trooper today and completed so many tasks while I was at work. You are Awesome, Girl!

From the kitchen...
One of her tasks actually, country-style pork ribs in BBQ sauce that we'll finish on the grill. They smell divine right now!

**************************


I am creating...
this entry! Truly, I began this on Sunday anticipating getting it up before work on Monday, tried to finish it after work on Monday night, shelved it when dh came home, he had the computer on Tuesday and now I guess this Daybook should really be called a Weekbook! LOL!

I am going...
to town tomorrow for a huge shop, I've been creating that list and planning menus and even debating on the merits of a small cooler for the trunk vs. those silvery bags that are supposed to keep hot foods hot and cold foods cold. Any opinions?

I am wearing...
a jean skirt and my only Anthropologie shirt which I alternatively love or hate depending on how well I tie it. It is a teal and green on white tropical print all tie shirt. It ties at the shoulders and at each side and is made so well, nicely lined with sequins in the center of each flower. But untill I get it tied just right it is gap-y and tug-y and annoying as all get out. Once it is tied right it is so perfect I am constantly tempted to make 6 additional ones for each day of the week.

I am reading...
just finished The Rivan Codex.

I am hoping...
to browse through that Anthropologie site. I caught a glimpse of it when I linked above - the Enlightenment of Lace - yes please!
Sign me up.

I am hearing...
Vivaldi - Summer, and the A/C providing lots of white noise to hide the lobster mobsters gunning their engines on this first day of lobster mini-season. Idiots.

Around the home...
Baby's Breath and Roses. I love my husband.

One of my favorite things...
A night out with my dh. We split dinner at a new place and then caught a movie all by ourselves. For once I didn't research the movie to death, we just spontaneously chose to go. For our spontaneity we were treated to a movie that had obviously been filmed during the writer's strike.
Plot lines? Who needs 'em!
Closing huge storylines that have left people pondering for years? Let 'em wonder for years more!
Little green men? MIA!
Great special effects? Substitute inane conversation!
(see above writer's strike...)

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...
Today - the feast of a Doctor of the Church, St. Peter Chrysologus, known for his sermons (now called "the golden word" for the wisdom contained within) one of his symbols is a beehive. I plan on drizzling honey over berries tonight.

Tomorrow - St. Ignatius of Loyola. I did not know a cannonball struck him in the leg putting him on bedrest where he read good books and turned to God rather than a brilliant military career. I happen to have some bon-bons tucked away that we just might have to eat tomorrow as they totally remind me of cannonballs being black and round and the whole idea makes me smile. Gotta do the things that make ya smile!

And finally, Lammas! Keep it easy and eat some bread - yum!

Here is a picture thought or two I am sharing with you:


Have a lovely day!

Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty