S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

31 December 2010
28 December 2010
23 December 2010
21 December 2010
20 December 2010
16 December 2010
15 December 2010
14 December 2010
13 December 2010
10 December 2010
09 December 2010
07 December 2010
06 December 2010
03 December 2010
01 December 2010
24 November 2010
23 November 2010

Secrets are Sweet Sometimes

15 August 2008
I'm back! Did you miss me?

I so wanted to share my plans to be gone but I could not do that without ruining those plans completely. You see, Marianna and I snuck off to Kansas City to surprise my sister Michelle on her birthday! There we were calmly sitting in a Mongolian BBQ place waiting, waiting, waiting for her to walk in the door with her fiance, Cory, who was totally in on the secret, of course. Once we saw the car pull up Marianna and I dissolved into giggles and had to hide behind the menus. Peeking out we could see the cute couple waiting for the hostess to seat them. Each table they were taken to was unsatisfactory till there was just one left in that area - OURS!

Michelle finally looked at us and was she ever shocked!

It was a superb beginning to a wonderful trip because not only were we celebrating her birthday but also her engagement to Cory! Loads of bridal magazines were marked up, yards and yards of silks and satins were slipped over her head and I think we might even have convinced her that certain non-poofy veils are attractive and charming!

I'd love to share loads of pictures with you but that camera has stayed in the Midwest with a certain junior photographer who opted to extend her summer vacation a tad. When Marianna returns I imagine she'll have a few grand tales to tell of her own! Till then the single photo I can share was sent to me by Michelle 3 days before she sauntered into that Mongolian joint.



Isn't it lovely?




In other news, my InBox has raged out of control, if I owe you an email please know I'll be trying to tame that monster in the next week!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Boca Chica
Crew: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Extra: Warmest Wishes!
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/marihalojen/

S/V Mari Hal-O-Jen

Who: Capt. Hal, Jennifer, and our daughter Marianna, a great photographer!
Port: Boca Chica
Faith Arithmetic Reading Writing Exercise Beauty