The Sailabout of Mauliola

WWW.FASTCAT65.COM

18 October 2016 | Nuku Hiva
11 October 2016 | Fatu Hiva, Marquesas
08 October 2016 | Makemo
06 October 2016 | Tahanea
25 September 2016 | Rotoava, Fakarava
25 September 2016 | Rotoava, Fakarava
05 September 2016 | Fakarava
05 September 2016 | Fakarava
01 September 2016 | Fakarava, North Pass.
30 August 2016 | Fakarava, south pass
22 August 2016 | Tahiti
23 October 2015 | Port Denarau
05 October 2015 | Fakarava, south pass
05 October 2015 | Vurolevu Island
26 September 2015 | Matasawalevu Bay
24 September 2015 | Vunisea, Kadavu
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
06 September 2015 | Fulaga, Fiji
04 September 2015 | Susui Island

Jerry's Birthday

05 September 2016 | Fakarava
C. Farias/overcast/hot/breezy
Today is Jerry's Birthday. Last year we were in Susui Island, Fiji, a most delightful place where we were treated as guest of honors. This time, we are in another magic place, so different but equally beautiful. Yesterday I baked an apple cake, apples from New Zealand that we purchased in Tahiti, for the birthday breakfast. Of course it was partially eaten last night while it was still warm, with ice cream we bought at the village. The ice cream here comes in various flavors but as Felipe says they all taste the same. Just the color changes. Nevertheless it was a treat. I also made a chocolate mousse using some of the "black gold" that my friend Anna gave ime. The day prior to our leaving Hawaii she gave me a bag full of dark chocolate which I have been generous enough to share. I actually have a new definition for trust, as I left a bar on the counter one night. Leaving the dark stuff out when Felipe and Jerry are around is really more than a leap of trust.
A trip to the village Saturday morning was the most rewarding. The Catholic Church was open. I have been to Fakarava twice and never saw it open. It is beautiful inside. Strands of shell leis hanging from the ceiling and hand painted panels depicting religious scenes and saints adorn the walls. The chandeliers are made of shell work. I was going to mess on Sunday but got busy with work and missed it.
The wind had been blowing way harder than I like, 18 to 25 knots day and night. The anchorage is a bit bouncy but not bad. We are really enjoying our stay here at the village Every trip to the village is rewarded by the smiles and greetings of Ia Orana or bonjour from the lovely Polynesian people. I have tried without success to post a photo but no matter how small I make it, it doesn't download.
Today I am afflicted with the Polynesia paralysis. It is a condition that makes anything but a shady spot, preferably with a couch or bed on it, attractive. I already have scouted the place and I will head that way soon. Jerry thanks all for the birthday wishes. My Aloha to all and until next time.
Comments
Vessel Name: Mauliola
Vessel Make/Model: Morrelli&Melvin Custom 65' Catamaran
Hailing Port: Hawaii
Crew: Jerry King and Conceicao Farias, owners
About: Conceicao is a Brazilian, Hawaiian by heart, wahine (girl). Conceicao e uma Brasileira, Cearence, Hawaiana de coracao. Jerry is from California, an old Hobie cat sailor, the man with a vision and a mission.
Extra: Our plans: to do a sailabout and come out in the other side of the seas. The South Pacific is our first stop.
Home Page: Https://www.fastcat65.com
Mauliola's Photos - Main
Fiji 2015
7 Photos
Created 16 August 2015
32 Photos
Created 12 June 2015
8 Photos
Created 8 July 2012
3 Photos
Created 24 April 2012