Adventures of May

Follow the adventures of our Malo 36 since we bought her in August 2007

02 August 2017 | 16.20.15N 27.02.10W
14 July 2016
07 July 2016
01 July 2016
17 January 2016
02 October 2015
13 September 2015
10 September 2015
08 September 2015
03 September 2015
29 August 2015 | Algarve and Andalucia
21 July 2015 | Lagos
26 June 2015 | Lagos
23 June 2015 | Lagos
23 June 2015 | Lagos
21 June 2015 | Sines
18 June 2015 | Oeiras

Time in Lagos

26 June 2015 | Lagos
Sean
Lazy days in Lagos

Once we were in Lagos it was great to just be on' holiday' and not to go sailing. We have use of the hotel pool and if we want to use the gym we get a discount, but its not really worth it. So its lazy days by the pool for now reading and eating out......err like being on holiday.

John went home on the 25th June so it was just the two of us on the boat after that. He has been great. He would get up early and either have a walk or a swim. Then he would get the bread for us and Chanto and be back for breakfast We both miss him....... Aahh. We all got on so well and in such a confined space.

Peter and Nicky from yacht Chanto were due to go home for 10 days and Dawson from yacht Isabella had a crew turning up to help take the boat as far as Malta. Tazkeena had a delivery crew turn up to take their boat back to the UK. Degree of Latitude have moored their boat next to us and David the neurologist has had to go back to work. Nick from Firefly went to Vilamoura then flew home with Ana and baby Sienna to continue their business.

Friends of Roger and Jo (crew from Chanto) had given our contact details to their friends Liz and Dave who are live aboards here. They popped over to the boat and we had an evening together. They have shown us all the local hot spots.

We decided to get away from the Marina so we headed to Portimao. On route we had a look into a small harbour called Alvor which is very shallow and since we had left it a little late on the tide to 'sound' in, if we went aground we would have very little tide to lift us off again. So we just anchored and had lunch, then made our way to Portimao where we anchored for the night about 100m off the beach. We ate on board watched the sun set and had a lovely night with a nice breeze blowing into the cabin.

The next day we decided to dinghy up to the town centre of Portimao. It was a scorching hot day (38 degrees), and we were walking into town when we got a call from our Nicky at home in Epping to say that the she had got back from holiday and there was no power. So we decided to head back to the boat to try and help solve the problem. Soon after we left the yacht club in the dinghy, the outboard konked out due to lack of fuel!!! It was a long row back to the boat.

We met up with Dave and Liz the next day and enjoyed a relaxing time at the beach. We went swimming then had lunch in a nice restaurant, then it was back to the boat for another free night at anchor. We were there for four nights and had a great time.




Comments
Vessel Name: May
Vessel Make/Model: Malo 36
Hailing Port: Walton-on-the-Naze Essex England
Crew: Sean & Pauline
About: Welcome to our blog. We are a Fireman and Nurse team (well untill 16th September 2009) when I hope to retire after 30 years service! We graduated to our Malo 36 after a great time in a 4 way syndicate on a Sadler 32 Niobe.
Extra: We bought our boat in Sweden, a one owner Malo 36 , the trip back was 'interesting' to say the least.
May's Photos - Main
Pictures of our trip with WCC to portugal
85 Photos
Created 18 May 2015
More pictures of our circumnavigation of GB
142 Photos
Created 21 August 2010
Pictures from our round GB and Ireland circumnavigation in 2010
127 Photos
Created 21 August 2010
More pics of our GB & Eire circumnavigation
116 Photos
Created 11 June 2010
Pictures of our circumnavigation
77 Photos
Created 22 April 2010