23 June 2006 | Coffs Harbour
10 June 2006 | Coffs Harbour
30 May 2006 | Sanctuary Cove Queensland
12 April 2006 | Coffs Harbour
13 February 2006 | Coffs Harbour
10 December 2005 | Razzamatazz - Coffs Harbour
27 November 2005 | Coffs Harbour
31 October 2005 | Coffs Harbour
18 October 2005 | Coffs Harbour
19 September 2005 | Coffs Harbour
07 September 2005
04 September 2005 | Coffs Harbour, Australia

Meeting Sir James Hardy (and winning an award)

12 April 2006 | Coffs Harbour
John & Melissa

The Yacht Club was abuzz with the news that we had snared THE Sir James Hardy(America's Cup) to attend our Twilight Series award presentations.

This was our first official attendence at such an event. It was very loud and sociable, but as relative newcomers we wandered amongst the crowd fairly aimlessly searching for familiar faces.

We were in awe of Sir James ..(it was my mate Jim by the end of the night). He talked widely about his experiences and answered questions. We didn't even mind the shameless plugs for his wine label...after all, we were drinking it at the time.

The awards were handed out to various boats and then the host announced an award called Rookie of the Year, given to a first year sailor for committment and enthusiasm in the quest for knowledge ...and the winner was John Clarke.

Wow, I couldn't believe it. It was recognition that I wasn't expecting and was a real boost to my enthusiasm having recently left The Exporter in rather bad circumstances. Melissa was excited as well. Having been diagnised with Ross River fever she has been land bound for the past six weeks.

Most importanlty it was a milestone of some sort of acceptance and recognition by seasoned yachties and something to live up to in the future.

We're off to the Sanctuary Cove Boat Show in early May to drool over the multi-hulls and get some ideas for our one-day purchase. Talk to you soon.
Comments