Midnight Breeze

The Adventure Continues: 1.5 Years and Counting;We're Almost There! Join Us for That Final Push.

About Us

Who: Dave and Mary
Port: Annapolis, MD
19 April 2012 | Pikeville, MD
21 January 2012 | Annapolis
03 November 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
15 October 2011 | Pikesville, MD
23 September 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
04 September 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
27 August 2011 | Pikesville, MD
27 August 2011 | Stevensville, MD
25 August 2011 | Stevensville, MD
23 July 2011 | Solomons Island
16 July 2011 | Chesapeak Bay
16 July 2011 | St. Michaels
16 July 2011 | St. Michaels
15 July 2011 | St. Michaels
23 June 2011 | Miles River
11 June 2011 | Miles River
21 May 2011 | Annpolis
21 May 2011
28 February 2011 | Annapolis, MD

Davits Installed/Launch Date!

06 March 2010 | Annapolis, MD
Dave / 38 degrees Sunny!
Star Date: 03062010.0800
We finally got the Kato Davits installed. They have to measure the dinghy lift points in order to cut the stabilizing bar to proper length and install the 4:1 lift lines. I'll have a picture for you later.
We are still pondering our outboard purchase because we cannot make our minds up on the horsepower. We both worry about the weight, even though we have a lift, and we don't want to over purchase like we all tend to do. I'm leaning towards a 6-8 horsepower short shaft four stroke. And with the purchase of the outboard, that should complete the purchases for this year, believe that and I'll tell you another one.
I think the next two items will be a new motorized windlass and two motorized winches.
Mary and I are getting excited about our upcoming boating season, with launch only 60 days away. Looks like a launch date of April 30th. We have hired a captain for training over that weekend and have left open the option for additional dates.
Mary and I have also picked the design for the graphics for Midnight Breeze, and they should be installed before the launch date. (pictures will be forthcoming).
I also decided to put the house up for sale, hoping to get a purchaser before the April deadline on the new home tax credit. With the house out of the way, I'll be able to devote more time and of course money in getting Midnight Breeze ready for the Islands. (I'm open to suggestions on equipment both make and brand).
All electronic systems will be replaced with newer versions and we are going to install two 85 watt solar cells, a wind generator, water maker, new battery bank, (in addition to the one we have), a SSB radio(already a ham N3GVP), and the list can go on forever. Of course this will be spread out over the next 3.5 years.
As soon as we get a half decent day here I will get some updated pictures on the davits and graphics.
Until next time!
Comments
Vessel Name: Midnight Breeze
Vessel Make/Model: 2011 Beneteau 43
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Dave and Mary
About: Dave is from the junk food capital of the world--Hanover, Pa. Mary is from Pikesville, Md. We plan to outfit Midnight Breeze over the next 1.5 years while cruising the Chesapeake Bay. We'll then cast off our lines and head south for the adventure we have always dreamed of.
Extra: Join us on our path to retirement. Help us along the way with your ideas and suggestions. And just maybe, somewhere in time we shall meet. To quote a nice phrase..."We are going cruising not to escape from life but to keep life from escaping us." (Betsy Holman)

About Us

Who: Dave and Mary
Port: Annapolis, MD