Midnight Breeze

The Adventure Continues: 1.5 Years and Counting;We're Almost There! Join Us for That Final Push.

About Us

Who: Dave and Mary
Port: Annapolis, MD
19 April 2012 | Pikeville, MD
21 January 2012 | Annapolis
03 November 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
15 October 2011 | Pikesville, MD
23 September 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
04 September 2011 | Bay Bridge Marina
27 August 2011 | Pikesville, MD
27 August 2011 | Stevensville, MD
25 August 2011 | Stevensville, MD
23 July 2011 | Solomons Island
16 July 2011 | Chesapeak Bay
16 July 2011 | St. Michaels
16 July 2011 | St. Michaels
15 July 2011 | St. Michaels
23 June 2011 | Miles River
11 June 2011 | Miles River
21 May 2011 | Annpolis
21 May 2011
28 February 2011 | Annapolis, MD

Another Date Approaches!

02 April 2010 | Pikesville, MD
Dave/Sunny and 75 degrees!
STARDATE: 04022010.0900
Well, I did not think there were going to be any more important dates to announce or prepare for but Mary threw me a curve ball the other week. As you all know this past Christmas I asked Mary to marry this old fart and she said yes. Well, last week she set a date, July 4th, our anniversary date when we first met. Oh yea I almost forgot to mention it is this July 4th!!!! I told her to take her time. Instead of going to the islands to get married we decided to get married on Midnight Breeze at our marina. Nothing fancy shorts and bare feet. No more than a handful of friends and family. Keeping it simple. The only other arrangement I have to make is finding a minister to minister! I'll check with our marina and see if they know anyone at the marina. Because of our work schedules we are taking our honeymoon on Midnight Breeze four days before the wedding. We both have to be back to work on Tuesday after the fourth. Too late to manage vacation time at this point. I think we are going to just go out and find a nice place to anchor for a couple of days and return Saturday to the marina to prepare ourselves and Midnight Breeze for the wedding. The two TIKI Bars at our marina will be open and both will have live bands. Couldn't ask for anything better or cheaper! Oh, and don't forget the light show, it is the fourth! I told Mary that I would supply the light show for her. We are directly across from Annapolis, MD and they always have one hell of a fireworks display. We were hoping to have Midnight Breeze in her slip before the end of April but our marina hosts the spring boat show the last weekend of April and one requirement is that no boats can get into their slips until after the show is over. One advantage, I guess, is that being a slip holder we get free tickets to the show!
Until next time!
Dave
Comments
Vessel Name: Midnight Breeze
Vessel Make/Model: 2011 Beneteau 43
Hailing Port: Annapolis, MD
Crew: Dave and Mary
About: Dave is from the junk food capital of the world--Hanover, Pa. Mary is from Pikesville, Md. We plan to outfit Midnight Breeze over the next 1.5 years while cruising the Chesapeake Bay. We'll then cast off our lines and head south for the adventure we have always dreamed of.
Extra: Join us on our path to retirement. Help us along the way with your ideas and suggestions. And just maybe, somewhere in time we shall meet. To quote a nice phrase..."We are going cruising not to escape from life but to keep life from escaping us." (Betsy Holman)

About Us

Who: Dave and Mary
Port: Annapolis, MD