The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

Just Hanging in Ft Myers Beach.....But Boy its Hot!

06 April 2017 | Ft Myers Beach mooring field
Craig, 85-95, Stinking hot! Humid too!
So here we sit for the last week in Ft Myers Beach. Man its been hot....record settimg hot, like feels like 95 degrees during the day. We have been enjoying our time by bar hopping with William and Judy. They have shown us all the good spots like the Tiki Bar at the Lighthouse Resort that has a pool we can use and a 2 for 1 drink special! Dylan is very happy! The other bars on the beach offer great visual entertainment from boats running agroung on the beach to watching people parasail off the beach. The best thing that happened was meeting up with old Pt Bay friends, Carol and Jack Bacon! We met them for lunch at Naughty Nellies on Monday and then they picked us up yesterday at 1:00pm and took us around Cape Coral for a tour befote going to their appt which is in a very nice condo complex. The pool was right outside their door so in we went for a our an hour. We met some of their friends who were a riot! Carol baked us a fabulous chicken and pasta casserole which was to die for. We had a desert of icecream covered brownies before they took us home. Dylan even got to gi to see the place thanks to Jack pulling a few strings as dogs were not normally allowed. He's still got it! We are so grateful for their hospitallity and it was so great reconnecting after all these years....15 to be exact. The Bacons are truly special people and we vow to stay in touch from now on. Thanks again Jack and Carol. Now if we can get you together with Gene and Linda Raymonf and Tom and Marti Benz that would be great! They all have retired to Florida and were past Commadores of our yacht Club in Vt. The Royal Savage Yacht Club!
Today we are just hanging wairing for daughter Jenna's arrival tomorrow. She and husband Chris are touring the last 3 states they have not been to together, Alabama, Arkansas and Mississippi I think before coming here to see us. Luckily they got into Atlanta on Tuesday before the bad weather hit! Can't wait to see them tomorrow! This afternoon we will dinghy over to my nephew Shauns inlaws, the Wortons, who live on a canal right near us currently! Some cocktails and snacks are on the itinerary! Oh ya, Donna is off doing laundry.....shocker! After the kids leave on Sunday we start heading across the state of Florida to Stuart via Lake Okeechobee. Its about 150 miles from here and it saves a couple of hundred miles vs going back around the bottom of the state. From there we hope to meet up with Jacque and Dan on Horizon Chaser who spent the last 2 months in the Bahamas.....Can't wait to hear all their stories. Thats all for now....it is finally cooling down to the mid 70's tomorrow and through the weekend! Yay!
Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas