The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

Hanging in Vero.....Velcro!

16 April 2017 | Vero Beach City Marina
Craig, Sunny 85, breezy
Yup, we're stuck in Velcro Beach. Our plan was to stay Thursday through Monday but have decided to stay until Wed. It is toufh leaving a place that has everything you could want. Cheap moorings, lots of restaurants, a nice Farmets market, a mall with a cinema 24, free bus service all over town and much much more! So here we are rafted up with Summer Wind and Horizon Chaser on mooring ball 48. Vero allows you to put 3 boats on a mooring because it is so well protected from weather. Our cruise up from Stuart was without incedent and the only issue was a heavy breeze from the east which made for a little chop but it was not bad at all. Summer Wind got here first followed by us and then Horizon Chaser. We ran into many old friends on Five and Dime and Autumn Borne and it was great to catch up on their travel and plans. In fact, Five and Dime is getting ready to sail to Bermuda for the Americas Cup in June! They are true salty sailors! Good luck guys! Donna and I went to dinner with my old co-worker Ron Heagney and his wife Dianna on Friday night to Mulligans....great lobster Mac! The Heagneys have a fifth floor condo facing the ocean on nearby Hutchinson Island. It wad great to see them and talk about old times. Friday morning we took the bus to the mall and watched a movie. I watched the new King Kong movie which was great and Donna and Jacque went to Beauty and the Beast. Bruce and Claudette saw the Zoo Keepers Wife. Everybody enjoyed their movie except Dan who was back at the boat changing his impellars on Horizon Chaser.....they needed it as he was missing a few vanes! Yesterday we went to the Farmers market in town, about a mile walk. Claudette and Bruce went off to watch another movie at the mall.....they love movies more than I do!. Anyway, Horizon Chaser and Mighty Fine were off to the Farmers Market with Dylan in tow. We bought lots of great stuff, fresh veggies and fruit wers fantastic. We bought some great olive loaf bread for our planned spaghetti dinner with everyone last night. Jacque made homemade meatballs and spaghetti for everyone and we provided salad and bread. Claudette and Bruce made whipped cream and angel cake topped with fresh fruit. What a feast! We had it on the lido deck of Mighty Fine so we wers eatinf el fresco! A good time was had by all and we were all shocked we had finally eaten a meal in the boat! Lol. Yesterday afternoon before our feast, Donna and I and Jacque took the bus to Publix to resupply for whenever we leave here. Donna stayed and did some more shopping at some thrift stores....she's in heaven. She got the last bus back to the marina at 4:30 and then started putting our dinner salad together. Great job honey. Today she is off doing laundry while I do a few minor repairs to the boat. So now you are up to date. We are still planning to get to St Augustine by the last week in April to meet up with Mar-a- Lago if we can reach escape velocity!!! Happy Easter everyone!

Fair winds and calm seas
Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas