The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

St Augustine is a Blast!

29 April 2017 | St Augustine, Rivers Edge Marina
Craig, 85-95, Stinking hot! Humid too!
After we left Palm Coast, we headed to St Augustine and Rivers Edge Marina. Paul, the Dockmaster, always makes room for us even if there is no room at the in. He works his magic and we get a slip everytime! Thanks Paul. The trip up was a piece of cake as not one boat big passed us. The only excitement was meeting the Coast Guard Auxillary with an order to slow down near a leaking old tug that was going to be towed away soon. Apparently it has rusted through and they are afraid waves will spread diesel and oil from inside. The other news is the Mantasaz. Inlet has been dredged and is no longer a shoaling problem. 15 ft all the way through! Anyway, once we got here, as we were pulling in to our slip, two crazy guys started running towards us to help us dock! It was Dan from Majiks fame and John from Lady J fame whi just happened to be eating lunch at Hurricane Patty's next door! So cool to see them unexpectantly and we decided to eat lunch with them and have a beer or two or three or four or....well you get the idea. It was decided we would have a BBQ at Dan's house, nearby today, Saturday with John and Jennifer from Lady J and some other of Kath and Dan's friends. Should be a blast! Wed. night we met Bruce and Claudette downtown at Pizzalley for a farewell dinner as they head off to St Mary's on Friday to leave their boat Summer Wind for the summer. Lots of laughs with the usual Claudette stories and we had a great time. One beer free with one and a free slice of pizza for happy hour certainly helped! We may see them this summer on our RV trip to Maine and Canada...lets hope so! Have a great summer guys. Donna has been spending her days shopping in all the second hand stores and Bealls whuch are all near by. I waxed half the hull yesterday, the side closest to the dock....it was 95 degrees but it really needed it. I will do the otherside when we tie up on the starboard somewhere. Brian from Mar-a-Lago called yesterday and they should be here Sunday afternoon to start our cruise north again next week. We haven't been to Theos for breakfast yet guys....waiting for you! Bill Little called yesterday also and said they should be here Tuesday on Sweet Freedom who just returned from the Bahamas! It will be good to see them again! I almost forgot, Thursday we got our lifetime senior Federal Park Pass for $10.00 at the Spanish Fort in town! We get free access from now on and half price camping....very cool! The fort was spectacular. It was built 400 years ago and has never been defeated. The Spanish built it, the British took it by treaty, Spain took it back by treaty and then finally the U.S. got it when we did the Lousianna Purchase. The walls are 17 ft thick and the coquinna shell stone absorbs cannon balls very well which is one of the reasons it couldnt be beat. It guards St Augustine inlet very well. Some of its cannons could reach ships 3 niles away! See the fort if you can...very cool. We probably will leave here on Wed.,at least that is the plan. Mar-a-Lago is getting some work done and needs to be pulled out of the water for a day. They should be done by Wed.....we think. Thats all for now as we are getting ready for the BBQ later today!

Fair Winds and Calm Seas
Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas