The Adventures of Mighty Fine....come along for the Ride!

Back South to Marathon for the Winter!

29 March 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
12 January 2020 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
07 December 2019 | Vero Beach Cty Marina
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
26 November 2019 | Palm Coast Fl
11 November 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine Fl
02 November 2019 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
29 October 2019 | Osprey Marina
20 August 2019 | New Haven Vt
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
23 April 2019 | Rivers Edge Marina
11 April 2019 | Sunset Bay Marina
30 March 2019 | Marathon Fl Sombrero Dockside Marina
21 December 2018 | Boot Key Harbor, Marathon Florida
28 November 2018 | Vero Beach City Marina
09 November 2018 | Rivers Edge Marina, St Augustine
05 November 2018 | Brunswick Landing Marina
02 November 2018 | Ladys Island Marina
29 October 2018 | Georgetown, SC
27 July 2018 | New Haven Vt, Rivers Bend Campground

Wazoogle Time and a Carriage Ride

29 October 2017 | Lady's Island Marina, Beaufort SC
Sunny and cold....low 60's
Well we've had a ball in Beaufort doing things we've never done on our 8 previous visits. Friday we went to the only plastic Kazoo factory in the US complete with a museum and gift shop. We learned way more about kazoo's than we ever needed to. It was fun and part of the tour is making your very own kazoo which we accessorized and customized. When you add 2 bell horns, it becomes a Wazoogle! Donna and O ate ready to start a band! Dylan is not a fan however and tends to run off when I pick it up! We highly recommend the tour...it was very fun and funny! We also had to make a stop at West Marine for a new power cord.....the old one had some burn marks on one of the prongs that was attached to our 50 amp to 30 amp converter. Yikes... A big cause of boat fires and the cord is probably 8 years old so $89.00 later we have a new cord. Yesterday the Fillin' Station Bar next door had $12.00 steak night.....oh man, a 16 iz plus steak cooked to order with a salad, cheese baked potato and a side of fresh corn...heaven. They do it once a week and it is well worth it! Today, even though its football Sunday, and folks know how I love football, Donna decided we should take a horse and buggy historical tour in town...fortunately, the Giants are on their by week. Some would say they have been on the by week all year....1-6! So into town we drove the courtesy car and met our driver and horse whose name was Newman in town, and off we went with 8 other folks on the tour. We learned a lot about the old mansions and the fact that Beaufort was attacked early in the Civil War because Lincoln wanted a town with a deep water port that he could run the shipping blockade of the south and place for Union hospitals for all the casualties. After the war northern Carpetbaggers came down ans boufht out the town! The plantation owners were basically booted out because they couldn't prove ownership or pay the back taxes! Anyway it was a great hour tour well spent but it was a little winsy and cool... The tropixal storm missed us with the rain but the wind has been honking all day in the 20's and 30's. High temps were in the low 60's today! Tonight into the 40's! We head to Sacannah tomorrow to Isle of Hope Marina so we can be close to Hell Gate cut on Tuesday to catch the high tide. In fact we wont leave here tomorrow until 10:00am so we wont hit Fields cut to early. If we get there around 2:30, we should get an extra 4 ft of water! We do love Lady's Island Marina and their staff and we will return in the spring! Hope everybody up north gets through the big storm unscathed!

Fair Winfs and Calm Seas

Comments
Vessel Name: Mighty Fine
Vessel Make/Model: Mainship 390
Hailing Port: Charlotte, Vt
Crew: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
About:
We have been boating on Lake Champlain for 35 years and now we have retired and are heading to the Florida Keys this winter on our next great adventure. We are full time live aboards now. We will be leaving Pt Bay Marina this Sept.. Dylan the dog is our new first mate. [...]
Extra: Mighty Fine was sold July of 2020....she was a good ship and she took good care of us. On to RV adventures now!
Home Page: Cslewis2255@facebook.com
Social:

Dylan's adventure

Who: Captain's Craig & Donna Lewis & First Mate Dylan the dog
Port: Charlotte, Vt

Follow us on our journey up and down the east coas