S/V Miss Emily

"LIFE IS GOOD!" �� ��

21 January 2008
28 April 2007
19 April 2007 | Galley
13 April 2007 | galley
10 April 2007 | THE GALLEY!
05 April 2007 | My KITCHEN..LOL ;)
04 April 2007 | work
06 February 2007 | miss emily
03 February 2007 | Florida.. air boat riding....
02 February 2007 | the Spiegel Grove!
01 February 2007 | miss emily
01 January 2007 | bed
25 December 2006 | Palm Beach
21 December 2006 | On top of a post, in the canal...
11 December 2006 | miss emily
01 December 2006 | the ocean!
07 November 2006 | work
31 October 2006
25 October 2006 | Paradise!

Rainy Day....

08 August 2006 | Miss Emily
HIGH WINDS AND RAIN!!
Well today has been a lazy lazy day. Its raining outside...and I hadn't had a chance to take out the dogs until an hour ago... Eddie and I are both either reading or playing on this computer... I myself, have been playing on this blog site for too many hours!

The wind is really picking up...and the boat is rocking heavily from side to side. I keet hearing it banging on the dock which isnt good...and which also means I need to go and fix it before the rain picks up and I get soaked!!

So I went outside to adjust the lines from the stern on the starboard side. My buddy...Captain Neil has been teaching me about the wind direction and how to adjust the lines correctly, so I thought I'd go and try myself. Wrong!! The wind is really strong... so even though I tried... the boat kepts shifting towards the portside and I'm not strong enough (YET) to pull it back.... unfortunately..I had to get Eddies help. What a girl I am... haha... I guess I need to work on that(my strength) a bit!!

Now the boat is set and its gently rocking back and forth... I'm now back in the comfort of my cool BUT dry cabin....and I'm looking around for something to do......the galley needs to be cleaned..haha..as well as the rest of the boat... but I'm going to stick to being lazy... atleast I can catch up on my reading. I'm currently working on my Rescue and Recovery and Divemaster books...along with "Maiden Voyage" by Tania Aebi. (yes.. I tend to do too many things at once...haha..and then never finish...)

So long... for now... hope everyone is having a great day....I'm going to go and see if Eddie will cook me another fabulous meal for dinner!!

Boredom creates hunger...... and I'm famished!!
Comments
Vessel Make/Model: 1973 35' Coronado
Hailing Port: Key Largo, Florida
Crew: Eddie is the Captain, except Micha is on Wednesdays! LOL!
About: Micha and the "kids" Our lil girl Bailey (40 lb Husky mix) and our big ol Maximus (120 lb doberman)
Extra:
We are a combo from opposite sides of the ocean.....England and Texas... who would of thought? We are getting Miss Emily ready for longterm crusing. We are planning on leaving late 2007 for the Caribbean. After that who knows, but we are ready to travel the world! In the meantime, enjoy my [...]
Home Page: http://www.sailblogs.com/member/missemily

The Miss Emily Crew

Who: Eddie is the Captain, except Micha is on Wednesdays! LOL!
Port: Key Largo, Florida