Sailing with the Princess

19 May 2014
10 May 2014
08 May 2014 | Staniel Cay,The Exumas
28 December 2013
10 July 2013
18 December 2012
06 October 2012
07 September 2012 | Marathon
05 September 2012 | Marathon, FL
22 July 2012 | Marathon in the Florida Keys
13 June 2012
18 May 2012
26 April 2012
11 December 2011
04 December 2011

Busy End to 2012

18 December 2012
Brian and Elisa on the dock

October was the beginning of a very active finish to 2012. Our son and daughter-in-law, Brian and Elisa, flew to the Keys for a long weekend visit. This was the first visit to the Keys for both of them. We had a great time sharing our life in the Keys. We sailed to Sombrero Reef Lighthouse for a snorkel outing, went paddle boarding and swimming at the marina and enjoyed a memorable birthday dinner celebration at Lazy Days.

Shortly after Brian and Elisa's visit, Cathy and I rented a car and drove to League City for a great Thanksgiving holiday celebration. Just prior to our leaving Marathon, Sassy injured her leg and was limping on three legs. We waited until we got to Texas to get her checked out. Her Vet determined she had possibly torn the ACL in her right back knee and recommended a surgeon to examine her further. The surgeon confirmed the diagnosis. So Sassy had knee surgery and then began the rehab process. She is improving steadily and we are getting additional workouts lifting her in and our of the boat.

Our visit to TX was extremely busy for all. Becky. Elisa and Cathy prepared a wonderful Thanksgiving feast in Brian and Elisa's wonderful "galley". Cathy enjoyed all the comforts of a modern kitchen with large ovens, a real dishwasher, large refrigerator and freezer and lots of counter space. We enjoyed several weeks of great hospitality by Brian and Elisa.

I helped Becky with several home repairs in her condo, killed a snake for Brian and Elisa in their backyard and helped them with a few home repairs. I had several doctor appointments, a financial review with Brian and did some shopping for boat parts and supplies. I was also able to attend several of my former Emmaus group breakfast meetings.

Cathy visited several friends, spent a couple of days with Danielle and her family and spent several extended shopping trips buying items that are either not available or are in limited supply in the Keys. Texas had quite a boost to the their economy. Cathy also enjoyed helping Brian and Elisa in decorating their new home. Shopping trips looking at lamps, accessories, rugs, paint and fabrics were a rewarding and enjoyable experience that Cathy was able to share with Brian and Elisa

Our annual trips to Texas are always busy with plenty of items on our to do list. However, the greatest rewards and blessings come from our visits and meals shared with family and friends.

We were able to stop in Biloxi driving to and from the Keys. Besides Cathy being able to spend time with her parents and friends, she was able to take her Dad and sister to Pensacola to visit her aunt and uncle.

We have been back to Marathon for only two weeks and they have been a very busy two weeks. Cathy has been busy with yacht club meetings and projects along with her hospital auxiliary meetings and Bible study group. She is thoroughly enjoying being involved with these groups. Cathy has also been busy with several holiday luncheons and keeping our social calendar full of dinners and holiday events. She is a great "cruise director" for Moonlight Shadow.

I have been able to get the balance of our lightning damaged instruments and radios repaired along with waxing our hull and treating our canvas bimini top.

We are starting to finalize some of our cruising plans for 2013. We hope to see our family and friends in different ports throughout the year as we share the joys of life and the many beautiful venues that God has richly blessed us with.

Hope to see you aboard Moonlight Shadow in 2013.

Comments
Vessel Name: Moonlight Shadow
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 46
Hailing Port: Galveston, TX
Crew: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy

Who: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy
Port: Galveston, TX