Sailing with the Princess

19 May 2014
10 May 2014
08 May 2014 | Staniel Cay,The Exumas
28 December 2013
10 July 2013
18 December 2012
06 October 2012
07 September 2012 | Marathon
05 September 2012 | Marathon, FL
22 July 2012 | Marathon in the Florida Keys
13 June 2012
18 May 2012
26 April 2012
11 December 2011
04 December 2011

Manatee, Conch & Festival

12 March 2011 | Marathon Marina
Bill
It has been a busy and exciting week getting settled jn Marathon. We have a new friend swimming around our boat. A manatee surfaced when we were washing the boat and he (or she) loved having their back washed. When our air conditioner kicks on the manatee gets under the warm water discharge. A fascinating and huge mammal. Sassy makes funny noises when the manatee arrives and we think she is communicaitng is some sort of mystic way. We have been able to watch the pelicans dive and feed almost continuously.

We have learned to enjoy a tasty local delicacy "conch fritters" and we enjoy a local evening serenade from our dock mates as they blow the conch shells at sunset to celebrate a beautiful ending to another day in paradise. The weather has been great except for one major storm that blew thru the Keys.

Today we rode our bikes to the Marathon Seafood Festival. Great food, good music and a wide assortment of local arts and crafts. No BBQ, hamburgers or hot dogs but plenty of lobster, stone crabs, conch fritters, shrimp and that wonderful Key Lime pie. We have been getting accustomed to Island time in the Keys. Someone may know the day and whether it is day or night but other than that the time is not really important.

Today my darling husband coined a new phrase. He always appreciates ladies with lovely smiles, and also, those who dress in a feminine style.He now refers to another female group of boatier's as dressing in " boat frumpy". Only from the mouth of Bill!!The ladies of "D" dock truly spoiled him.

Tomorrow we are trying a new church. Slightly disappointed in our jazz service at the Episcopal Church last week. The jazz group must have been traveling to New Orleans.

Next week we are driving back to Houston to celebrate Brian and Elisa's wedding on the 26th and to see all of our kids.

May your days be as blessed as ours

Comments
Vessel Name: Moonlight Shadow
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 46
Hailing Port: Galveston, TX
Crew: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy

Who: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy
Port: Galveston, TX