Sailing with the Princess

19 May 2014
10 May 2014
08 May 2014 | Staniel Cay,The Exumas
28 December 2013
10 July 2013
18 December 2012
06 October 2012
07 September 2012 | Marathon
05 September 2012 | Marathon, FL
22 July 2012 | Marathon in the Florida Keys
13 June 2012
18 May 2012
26 April 2012
11 December 2011
04 December 2011

Wrightsville Beach, NC

09 July 2011
We have been in Wrightsville Beach for almost two weeks. We are thoroughly enjoying our visit and the community. We will not be going any further North this year. We have decided to bypass the Chesapeake due to bridge challenges in Pamlico Sound. Wrightsville Beach/Wilmington is a great place to spend the balance of the summer. Great weather with wonderful cool evening breezes, no bugs so far and a fun and active community. The best reason to stop here has been our friends Dale and Sharon. Dale and I grew up as next door neighbors and have maintained our friendshp via long distance travels from TX & CA for me and CA, CT and NC for him. Cathy and Sharon enjoy many ot the same interests. I have enclosed a picture of Sassy and Merilee, one of Dale and Sharon's six dogs. I took the picture from D&S's patio deck during a 4th of July BBQ celebration.

Besides our great 4th of July BBQ, we attended a wonderful patriotic church service with Dale. He is a member of Wrightsville UMC. Cathy and I then were able to watch 5 firework displays sponsored by the surrounding communities from the Sunset Deck at the marina. A very patriotic and memorable holiday weekend.

We finally were able to get our air conditioner replaced via factory warranty. We have been challenged to keep the boat cool ever since Marathon and have limped the A/C along during our trip. I am also working on resolving several other boat issues that seem to be the result of our hurricane Ike damage. Some have been corroded electrical challenges and some were hidden damages that have just surfaced. I have larned that cruisers have a never ending list of things to fix and repair but Cathy and I seem to be catching up while we are taking a summer break.

We will be driving home in August for visits with family and friends, take care of some business issues and do some medical checkups. We will return in mid Sept, take a week long driving trip to tour Washington, DC and then begin heading South to spend the winter in the Keys and Bahamas.

We have been enjoying our workouts, dinner and visits with friends, bike riding, trips to the local farmer's market just a block away, great evening walks, the boating community and church. Will post another blog soon as our life is full of events that we are excited to share.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moonlight Shadow
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 46
Hailing Port: Galveston, TX
Crew: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy

Who: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy
Port: Galveston, TX