Sailing with the Princess

19 May 2014
10 May 2014
08 May 2014 | Staniel Cay,The Exumas
28 December 2013
10 July 2013
18 December 2012
06 October 2012
07 September 2012 | Marathon
05 September 2012 | Marathon, FL
22 July 2012 | Marathon in the Florida Keys
13 June 2012
18 May 2012
26 April 2012
11 December 2011
04 December 2011

Bicycle Swimming---Fishing

28 July 2011
Bill
As you can see by the attached picture I am having to fish my bicycle out of the water. The three stooges (Bill, Bill & Bill) were hoisting our dingy out of the water with the storm sail halyard and the bow of the boat swung starboard and knocked my bike off of the dock. As soon as I saw the bike hit the water I quickly realized it was not going to swim to safety. So I ended up taking the dingy anchor and dredged for the bike. Magically I hooked a bicycle fish. All resolved except for flusing out all the salt water and using corrision spray on the bike. Some projects are just more complicated than others.......

We are still in Wrightsville Beach and thoroughly enjoying the community. Great people that have been very helpful and have made our stay most enjoyable. We are working out regularly at the gym, riding bikes and taking walks in the evening. Cathy and I have each dropped a few pounds due to our active lifestyle and healthier eating due to her great cooking.

We are helping to babysit our freinds (Dale and Sharon) home and dogs while they are on an RV trip to Vermont. They left three of their six dogs and we are helping their granddaughter Jessika with the house and dog sitting.

I know we have been at one location for quite a while when a man stopped in his truck while we were bike riding and asked me directions to downtown and I could actually help him. We are thoroughly enjoying the local church, have been to a couple of outdoor concerts, taken a dingy ride to the beach and a kayak trip around a small island.

We are heading back to Houston via a driving trip in a couple of weeks. Will visit with family and friends, pick up and drop off items in our storage locker and I have a few scheduled doctor appts. We will then take a driving trip to DC and visit friends in Virginia. We are planning on returning from our DC trip before Sept 20th as Dale is having knee replacement surgery on that day. After Dale's surgery and rehab we will start getting ready to cruise south for the winter.

Our decision to spend the summer in Wrightsville Beach seems to have been a good choice. Wonderfully cool mornings and comfortable breezy evenings have allowed us to eat dinner and watch the sunsets while sitting in the cockpit.

July is almost behind us and the upcoming heart of the hurricane season is just ahead. Will be glad when we get past the Sept/Oct hurricane season and start heading south for a warm and active winter in the Florida Keys. We are planning on staying in the Keys thru the winter before heading to the Bahamas in the spring.
Comments
Vessel Name: Moonlight Shadow
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 46
Hailing Port: Galveston, TX
Crew: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy

Who: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy
Port: Galveston, TX