Sailing with the Princess

19 May 2014
10 May 2014
08 May 2014 | Staniel Cay,The Exumas
28 December 2013
10 July 2013
18 December 2012
06 October 2012
07 September 2012 | Marathon
05 September 2012 | Marathon, FL
22 July 2012 | Marathon in the Florida Keys
13 June 2012
18 May 2012
26 April 2012
11 December 2011
04 December 2011

Nassau, Bahamas

26 April 2012
Our last evening in Bimini.

I am in the process of redoing a blog that I just lost as my allotted hour of internet time at Starbucks ran out. This will be a blog in progress as I will update and add to it each morning before out departure south to explore the Exumas.

Yes, I said Starbucks. There is paradise in paradise. Starbucks is located directly across the street from our marina. You get one hour of internet time with a purchase.

We arrived in Nassau yesterday (4/25) after two overnight sails from Marathon to North Bimini and then an overnight sail from North Bimini to Nassau thru the shallow Great Bahama Banks. We were weather bound for four days in Bimini between the two sails. We enjoyed Bimini. A very laid back community that survives almost entirely on cruisers and sport fishing stop overs. Lots of golf carts & scooters running about with very few services available besides small stores and restraunts/bars-bars and more bars.

Cathy has been cooking some great and healthy meals. We did provision the boat with several weeks of supplies before leaving Marathon and will try and do some added reprovisioning before we leave here at the next weather window. I walked to the store yesterday (about 1.5 miles away). The main store that cruisers normally used was directly behind the Starbucks. However, it closed a short time ago. Not sure what short time ago means in Caribbean time.

Today is our first opportunity to wash all the accumulation of salt off the boat as the marina has a adequate supply of R/O water. Cathy did a great job of getting Moonlight Shadow desalinized. It really sparkles again.

Waiting for a new weather window to start our travels south to the Exumas. High winds and rains expected for the next several day.

Sunday 4/29. Yesterday was lots of wind and rain, rain and more rain and today is same. Approximately 25 knots of wind and rain, rain, rain. Watched a movie yesterday, completed a few chores on boat and read novels. Bless those Kindles and we are sure glad we loaded them with books before we left. Weather reports indicate we should be boatbound for several more days.

To be continued.........
Comments
Vessel Name: Moonlight Shadow
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau 46
Hailing Port: Galveston, TX
Crew: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy

Who: Bill & Cathy Truscott & Sassy
Port: Galveston, TX