More Mischief Wherever We Go

Season 5 begins of five months or five years - October 30th, 2015

Flash forward to October, 2013

30 October 2013
We flew back to Antigua to prepare the boat and ourselves for another season of cruising. Believe it or not, this is now the start of our third year of cruising. We took a taxi back to the boat yard and at first could not find the boat. Once we finally found it, we had about three inches between us and the boats on either side of us. We could barely get back on board. The next morning the boat was moved into a location that we could move freely around it. We rented an air conditioner and some scaffolding and now we were ready to start the work. The bottom was touched up, the boot strip repainted and the haul was compounded and polished and the UV on the jib was repaired. We launched again on a week and a bit later and still had plenty of work to do. After two days on the dock we headed back out to the anchorage in Jolly Harbor. We left Jolly Harbor a week later and planned on going to St. Kitts...only to find that when we got out there the wind was in a direction that required a lot of tacking to get there. In the end, we adjusted our sails and had an awesome sail (75.5 miles) to St. Bart's. The next morning, we were up early and sailed over to Marigot Bay, St. Maarten. We picked up our shipment of stuff from Shrimpy's and now have been trying to find places in the boat to store it all. The one thing that we have finally started is to inventory where everything is hidden in the boat. One thing you learn very quickly is that if you move one thing from one place to another, you will never find it again. We finally found our spare Henderson pumps after two years....and yes they were in the boat. So, that's about it for now.

Comments
Vessel Name: More Mischief
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sunkiss 47
Hailing Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
About: The trip of the life time begins. I wonder if it will kill us...5 months or five years. Our 47 foot Jeanneau is to be our home for the next 5 years. At this stage is would be interesting to know what it would be like to spend 24/7 together.
Extra: Year three is about to start. We are heading back to Antigua to launch the boat and plan on cruising back up to St. Marten and then over to the Virgin Islands for the season.
Social:

Who: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario