More Mischief Wherever We Go

Season 5 begins of five months or five years - October 30th, 2015

Big Majors Sound / Staniel Cay

29 January 2012
We made our way here Monday January 23rd and anchored in the good holding behind Big Majors Spot just next to Staniel Cay in 12 feet of water. Again the water and scenery was awesome with many shades of blue and turquoise. This is a great place to provision and to watch the NFL playoffs.
We spent some time feeding the pigs that swim out to the boats that approach the south beach on the island. These animals created some anxious moments when they tried to join us in our dingy.
Lobster hunting began again as we were now out of the park and eager to bag a special meal. No luck that day as we combed the reefs looking for the elusive prize. While the locals say the hunting has been poor this year we are still committed to make it happen.
During this time period we were able to get the washing machine working and further reduced our dependence on Marinas etc.
Comments
Vessel Name: More Mischief
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sunkiss 47
Hailing Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
About: The trip of the life time begins. I wonder if it will kill us...5 months or five years. Our 47 foot Jeanneau is to be our home for the next 5 years. At this stage is would be interesting to know what it would be like to spend 24/7 together.
Extra: Year three is about to start. We are heading back to Antigua to launch the boat and plan on cruising back up to St. Marten and then over to the Virgin Islands for the season.
Social:

Who: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario