More Mischief Wherever We Go

Season 5 begins of five months or five years - October 30th, 2015

Little Farmers Cay – Feb 2nd

30 March 2012
We sailed down the chain another 10 miles to Little Farmers Cay and anchored by Oven Rock in just over 7 feet of water with Majiks. Polar Bear, Karen Ann and Odyssey arrived the day before and were anchored/moored in Big Harbor across from the Little Farmers Yacht Club. There is one dock and a dinghy dock and a bar/restaurant (sort of). Flextime arrived the next day and was anchored in the bay with us. The plan was to spend a few days here as this weekend was the islands biggest event held on the first Friday in February (5 F's). The locals are joined by Bahamians from other islands for a weekend of Bahamian C-Class racing. A new bar and grand stand was built this year for the event. The bar, believe or not was right beside the airport runway and people just walked runway as if it was a street. When a plane needed to land they buzzed the runway first to get everyone off it. The racing boats were sailed to the island or arrived on the supply boat. There were about 10 of these boats and one of the sunk at the start line of the race on the first day. It was dragged back to shore that evening. We really did not watch much of the racing as the schedule was typical of the Bahamas. Not when the race is going to start or where the race course is going to be. The first the race course was all through the boats that were anchored across from the new bar. We spent three lovely days there before moving on to our next stop.
Comments
Vessel Name: More Mischief
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sunkiss 47
Hailing Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
About: The trip of the life time begins. I wonder if it will kill us...5 months or five years. Our 47 foot Jeanneau is to be our home for the next 5 years. At this stage is would be interesting to know what it would be like to spend 24/7 together.
Extra: Year three is about to start. We are heading back to Antigua to launch the boat and plan on cruising back up to St. Marten and then over to the Virgin Islands for the season.
Social:

Who: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario