More Mischief Wherever We Go

Season 5 begins of five months or five years - October 30th, 2015

Bequia – January 17, 2013

17 January 2013
First of all we would like to wish everyone a Happy New Year….late as it is. We have been very busy since our last update. Colin and Charlene joined us again this year for Christmas and New Year’s. We had a wonderful time with them and this year we were actually able to go sailing and show them around a few of the beautiful islands in the St. Vincent and the Grenadines. We dropped them off at Young’s Cut in St. Vincent and waited there for Bob and Mariola to arrive. We spent a few days in St. Vincent with them exploring the island as the sea conditions were pretty nasty. Once things settled down we sailed back over to Bequia and then over to Tobago Cays. Tobago Cays is a real “wow”. There three small islands surrounded by reefs which make them a great place to snorkel, swim and just hang out. This is also a very popular spot for kite boarding and wind surfing. The waters are filled with turtles all kinds of fish….even sharks and large barracuda. Bob and Mariola left the other day which gives us a few days to clean up and get ready for Kim and Sandy to arrive on Sunday. The Bequia music festival starts next week and I am sure we will be partaking in the festivities. The Mustique blues festival is also going on in the next week and we hope to get over there as we have not seen this island yet.
This chain of islands has to be our favorite so far. It seems each of the islands has their own flavor from the fruit and vegetable stands in Union Island, the awesome water in Tobago Cays, the number of cruiser’s in Bequia and the big city of Kingston in St. Vincent which has grocery stores almost like the ones at home. The people are all very friendly in the islands and it has been a great experience for us so far.
Comments
Vessel Name: More Mischief
Vessel Make/Model: Jeanneau Sunkiss 47
Hailing Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario
Crew: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
About: The trip of the life time begins. I wonder if it will kill us...5 months or five years. Our 47 foot Jeanneau is to be our home for the next 5 years. At this stage is would be interesting to know what it would be like to spend 24/7 together.
Extra: Year three is about to start. We are heading back to Antigua to launch the boat and plan on cruising back up to St. Marten and then over to the Virgin Islands for the season.
Social:

Who: Michael Hall and Hilda Allward
Port: EYC Toronto, Ontario