Getting Our Feet Wet

Vessel Name: Marcella's Wings
Vessel Make/Model: Vagabond 47
Hailing Port: Portland, Oregon
Crew: Bryce & Cathy Kent
23 September 2011
Recent Blog Posts
23 September 2011

Sitting in Astoria

Waiting for a weather window to open up. We need to get out of the Pacific Northwest as soon as we can. Just a few minor things left to do and then we need the weather to cooperate. 60 years of living in Oregon and a whole world beckoning me to come play. The nay sayers say we're too old to start this [...]

Sitting in Astoria

23 September 2011
Waiting for a weather window to open up. We need to get out of the Pacific Northwest as soon as we can. Just a few minor things left to do and then we need the weather to cooperate. 60 years of living in Oregon and a whole world beckoning me to come play. The nay sayers say we're too old to start this kind of an adventure and I say it's never too late to start any adventure. As long as we are healthy and we have our faculties we are good to go. None of our family can understand this as they sit in their cushy homes, drive their SUV's and go no where. Some of them will not even get passports because they don't want to leave the USA, me I can't wait to leave the USA. I dream of far off places, meeting new people, experiencing new cultures and foods. I want to be those people on the TRAVEL & National Geographic Channels.
I tried to sacrifice virgins to Neptune and Poseidon but it turned out they weren't virgins afterall, liars but not virgins so here we wait for the weather to change. We're trying to get to Mexico for the winter so I can repair our teak decks. It looks like we'll be leap frogging down the Pacific coast between storm fronts. I let you know how that goes.

About & Links