A Year In The Ionian (2015 Retired, Cruising liveaboard)

Getting ready for a year in the Ionian from 20th March 2012. The company I work for has given me a career break. April 2015, Retired, pensioner and hopefully a full time cruising liveaboard.

18 August 2023 | Koukouvitsa Bay.
04 February 2016
16 January 2016
12 September 2015
10 September 2015
10 September 2015
08 August 2015
24 June 2015
31 May 2015
08 May 2015
24 April 2015 | Messolonghi marina
26 March 2015
06 February 2015
08 January 2015 | Me Northampton, Nanjo Messolonghi
01 January 2014
01 January 2014

It's not over yet???

30 October 2012 | Vlicho
Rain,thunder,lightning. Sunshine
Monday 29th October
I hardly slept at all. Was woken at 01:30 with the most spectacular thunderstorm and lightning show I have ever seen, it was all around me and bouncing of the mountains. Supprisingly there was very little wind, it was as if I was in the middle of a hurricane? I sat in the cockpit hatch watching it for 40mins, the town lights went out a couple of times which added to the grandeur of it all. The lightning was so bright sometimes, that it hurt my eyes to watch it, amazing the power of nature? Trying to describe it all is way beyond me, you just had to be here to see it all.Blooming amazing is all I can say. Went back to sleep and I must have slept, I guess there is a time when all our bodies say "enough" and just shut down, no matter what we are doing or where we are. I woke with the rain lashing down and Nanjos windows leaking, and water dripping onto my face. I just turned over and went back to sleep! Eventually woke at 08:30 to a sunny sky with some evil looking clouds about still and rain. The water was pretty calm though. My latest navtex forecast was for Westerly 6 very soon 7 and thunderstorms. The good news was from Tuesday 30th at 04:00 to 16:00 it was forecasting a "Gradual decrease of winds" now that would be nice? The sun was coming and going along with the wind strength, time to do something positive me thinks? So, I got the dinghy out and pumped it up quickly, and tied it up on the stern. 20mins later and it's all looking nice in the bay, some crappy clouds are still about, but the winds consistantly low. Instant decision time, throw my stuff in the dinghy, 3 bags of rubbish (just where does it all come from?), Tesco bag and flipflops. I'm soon rowing ashore and over to H's yacht to moor up. First thing I noticed is a lot of yachts on the quay have been turned around and are now rafted up, in some places 4 deep, must be a winter thing, I just pity the poor bugger who's yachts on the inside? The quay is also awash and underwater as well, I can put the dinghy on the pavement without lifting it up now. The roads pretty flooded in places and a lot of fallen branches about as well. I'm soon at my bakers and splash out on two loaves,milk, popeye pie and small pizza. I check the time as well on there clock. My watch is 1 hour out. Walking back to the dinghy, it occurs to me this is the first time I've been of Nanjo since last Monday, and the most exercise I've done in 6 days? I will be getting fat again at this rate? Typically the winds picked up and is now blowing up the bay, I actually jump in the dinghy while its still on the pavement and can row away. I decide that rowing out to the middle is the best bet then let the wind carry me down to Nanjo, sounds ok in print. Actually trying to row with a strong beam wind was not so easy, I would catch the oar in a wave every now and again and spin round, and just about stop dead. I reckon I was rowing at about 60 degrees instead of the planned 90, but at least I was getting nearer Nanjo. Turned to bring the wind on the stern of the dinghy and could see white horses approaching me as the wind was picking up,no need to row anymore as the wind strength was pushing me along fast enough now. I was soon down to Nanjo and managed to grab hold of the Port side rail, and pull myself around to the stern. The wind was trying to pull me away, but luckily I had a good grip of the stern ladder. Threw the oars on board and my shopping, and tied the dinghy up, first job was to get another piece of rope to attach to the dinghy just in case the painter broke. I had a gorgeous big breakfast, of cereal, cold milk, mug of coffee and 4 pieces of toast with peach jam. Absolutely delish and eaten in the cockpit, and well worth the risky row ashore. The winds been up and down all day, sudden violent gusts then calm, the dinghy nearly flipped once, along with rain showers then gorgeous sunshine. I adjusted all my time pieces so at least they are all showing the same time now. Sat in the cockpit reading my book and enjoying the view around me. Hopefully a trip to Nidri tomorrow as I'm running low on money and a look around to see whats left open. Had my popeye pie for dinner and the slice of pizza for supper, who said I lead such a glamourous lifestyle? Had a violent rain storm at 19:30 and all the windows are leaking bad, I imagined that the mastic might have settled in the grooves again once it got cold and sealed the windows, but no such luck. It's something I will have to have a serious look at when at Messolonghi. Hopefully the rain has washed some of the sand away, at least it's filled the dinghy up a bit, so hopefully it won't flip in the winds now? The winds and rain carried on for most of the night, so I climbed into my back cabin and tried to sleep.

Tuesday 30th October
A very cold night, even with my "Love" blanket on. Woke at 08:00 to a gorgeous blue sky, still some crappy clouds about, but what a difference. My temp gauge is reading 18 degs, the lowest I've seen for quite a while. Made a large brekkie and had it sitting in the cold cockpit, just admiring the views around me. Noticed the dinghy has about 3ins of rain water in it, so tipped it up. Only straight afterwards, I thought that I should have used the water for clothes washing? Never mind, I'm sure it will rain again? The forecast is now showing "No Gales" Yippeeee,and a force 5 to 6 Northerly for the North and South Ionion, with showers. With a moderate outlook for 12 hrs from 31st at 04:00. No time to waste.load up the dinghy and I'm rowing ashore for a walk into Nidri for some cash. Stop first at Stennos yard and have a look at Kit the yacht Les is interested in buying, it's not covered up, so either the windows and deck don't leak or somebody will be along later to pump it out? Lovely walk into Nidri, first thing I notice is the acute lack of traffic, all the hire cars and scooters are no more. The first cash machine is not working, in fact I try 4 others and all the same sign on them. Just about the last one in town and theres a small queue, at least it's got money in it? Having a chat with the guy behind me and he says that, they only normally fill up a couple of machines in the winter months, makes sense I guess? Nidri is slowly turning into a ghost town, a very large percentage of shops are now closed, and some even have signs in the windows saying "closed until May 2013". A walk along the front and there are a few liveaboard yachts and thats it, plenty of space if I wanted to park up here. Even looking across to Tranquil Bay, and it actually looks tranquil, probably 20 yachts at anchor. On my way back out of town I stop at the Armoria hotel and bump into Conn the owner, he showed me his winter project, it's a wooden 70 year old trading boat, apparently it used to carry goods around the nearby islands and under sail. Conns going to restore it and put sails back on. It's so well built and only a little rot in the timber, it should look great once finished. I have a chat about Nanjos leaking windows and he tells me what to do, so they will be looked at in Messalonghi. Walking back out of town, and I pass nobody all the way back to Vlicho, the winds nice and light so I have an easy row back to Nanjo. Have a nice lunch and a coke to go with it. I even manage to fit in a quick nap afterwards. Wake at 18:00 and have a shower, clean clothes on and I'm back in the dinghy and rowing ashore again, into the yacht club and order a beer and get on the internet. Sort out my e-mails and get the blog up to date. Putting on Kingys pics seems to take ages as usual, so I will go ashore at the weekend again and put them in the right order. Check out the long range weather and it's showing a storm again for wed night and through to Friday, then dry and sunny for next week? It's very cold and I'm sitting outside, dressed in my shorts and t-shirt with flip flops, my feet are the first to suffer, and I'm thinking that I'm underdressed? Order a burger and chips, and that makes me feel a whole lot better, just as my laptop battery packs up. Fill up my water container and it's a lovely row back to Nanjo in the dark with a calm sea. It's only 18 degrees on board and I'm hunting for a pair of socks to put on, make do with climbing into my sleeping bag and making a hot coffee. I'm soon warmed up so decide nows the time for sleep.

Wednesday 31st October
Up early, and I slept really well, as it was a very calm night. had some toast and coffee, and used up the last of my jam. It's shopping in Lefkada today, but a look at the Navtex is showing the storm in the next 12 hours approaching. So, my planned idea of having the day there will have to wait, I think straight in and out again to be on the safe side. An easy row ashore as there is no wind and calm sea, there are plenty of ugly clouds about though, so I'm rowing fast. Tie up just behind H's yacht and fill up my water container from the yacht club tap, and put it back in the dinghy. Wait for my usual bus at 10am, and it's empty, not even a bus conductor, so sit at the front? I'm told by the driver to pay later. A little old lady gets on and she looks at me and starts to chat, well I'm lost after the third word, she then starts laughing and chatting to the driver. He asks where I'm from, and said the lady thought I must be British as I'm still wearing shorts,flip flops and a t-shirt? By the time we get to Lefkada, we have 10 people on board and some are really well wrapped up in heavy coats and jumpers. The bus conductor gets on at the Liddl stop, maybe he was doing his shopping? and takes our fares. I just love the relaxed way of life out here. Driving through Lefkada, which is as busy as usual, I can't see anybody else in shorts. Of the bus and straight into Carrefour for supplies, 15mins later and 40 euros lighter I have enough food for a while. Back at the bus garage and go to get a ticket, the booking office is strangely empty, see the usual guy and ask for Vliho. He looks at his clock on the wall and says "you want the 10:15 bus No32", his wall clock is reading 09:40? Now, I'm confused, as I had gotten the 10am bus from Vlicho to here. I have a sit down and the computer screens showing all the buses and departure times is showing a time of 08:40 and is still showing the buses due at 09:00 as not arriving or departing yet? Even more confusing, so I go and ask him if his clock is saying the right time, he has another look and says "yes". Now, I'm thinking the lady in the bakers has given me the wrong time and I'm hours out, or maybe different parts of Greece have different times? Oh well, not a big problem, as long as the 10:15 bus arrives I guess. Which it did, on time as well. Theres a young girl waiting to board and I ask her the time, thankfully she says it's 11:15. The clocks went back on Sunday here, it's now Wednesday, I just couldn't imagine this happening back home, I think the ticket office guy was having a laugh, as he obviously saw I had no watch and I had no idea what time it was? We even pick up the little old lady again on the way back to Vlicho, who smiles when she sees me sitting there. I pick up some fetta and veg at Vlichos supermarket and have an easy row back to Nanjo, the suns out and it's gorgeous, and no sign of any storm. Stow all my goodies away and make a large fetta/tomato sarnie with a coke for lunch, and just sit in the cockpit enjoying the suns warmth. My navtex is still showing the storm, as I have enough food for some time, I decide to give the dinghy a wash in fresh water and deflate it and stow it on the cabin top. If the storm does come, I don't like it banging around of the stern. Start the engine and run it for 30mins, as it's not been started since I arrived here last Tuesday. Take down my Greek courtesy flag and stitch it back together again, hopefully it will last until I get to Messolonghi. Sit in the sunny cockpit and read my book for a bit, until I feel tired? So time for a nap. Wake at 18:00 and it's still all calm outside, navtex still showing the storm. Decide to give grilled fetta on toast a try for dinner, and I have to say it was a complete success, with just a twist of fresh pepper on top, it was delish and washed down with a can of Alfa beer. I was tempted to buy a bottle of jd, but it's out of my budget at the moment, maybe when I get to Messolonghi? Spent the evening listening to radio Lefkada on the wind up radio and reading my book. The storm soon arrived once it got really dark, winds and rain, think I've been here before somehow? Nothing I can do, as Nanjo never moved before, I'm sure she's ok now. Nanjos getting thrown around a bit and of course the windows start to leak. Dryest place is in my stern cabin, so thats where I go.

Thursday 1st November
It's a bumpy, noisy night. Plenty of wind and rain to keep me awake. I wake up at 08:00 and it's dark outside, I've a splitting headache as well, not sure if it's the lack of sleep or all the fetta I'd eaten? Make a cup of tea and contemplate my next move, I'm really glad the dinghies tied down as the waves and wind are picking up. I decide that the best way to feel better is another pamper session, so boil a kettle for some hot water, have a shave and a gorgeous hot water shower, and all clean clothes again. Instantly I feel 100% better, so time for a big brekkie, cereal,toast,marmalade and tea. I'm so glad that I made it to Lefkada for the supplies. I've no need to go ashore until Sat/Sunday, and this storms meant to have blown over by then? Early navtex forecast is for North/South Ionion S/Se winds 7 to 8 and later severe gale force 9, thunderstorms?and apparently 42mm of rains going to fall? Spent the morning with my feet up on my day bed, sitting on the dry spot, reading my book and munching a biscuit every now and again, listening to radio Lefkada.Taking the occasional look outside when the rain stops or I'm suddenly knocked on my side by a strong wind. Who would like this lifestyle now? Well, I still would rather be here than anywhere else in the world. The afternoon was, torrential rain,strong winds,thunder,torrential rain,strong winds,thunder, just repeat over and over again, until your fed up reading it? The sky was a permenant dirty gray. It suddenly stopped at 18:00, just all went quiet and still, so I grabbed the oppourtunity and climbed into my stern cabin and went to sleep, just about instantly. Well, at least until 18:30 and the rain came back hammering down on Nanjo, no matter how I tried I could not get back to sleep. So up at 19:00 and decided to cook dinner, being really impressed with yesterdays fetta on toast, I thought I would make some more, so three bits of bread and large chunks of fetta. All washed down with an Alfa beer. Twenty minutes later I was thinking that maybe I've overdone it on the fetta the last two days, and really glad my heads is only 2 ft behind me?? Maybe a change of diet for tomorrow is in order? The rain and winds finally ended and it all went nice and quiet and calm. The latest forecast is for Nw winds force 5 with thunderstorms, outlook is gradual decrease of winds. Yippeee. I'm hoping to wake to a gorgeous sunshine day in the morning? It's to good a chance to miss as it was just so quiet outside, all calm and no wind. I climbed into my stern cabin just after 8pm and fell asleep pretty instantly.I'm knackered.

Friday 2nd November
Slept right through until 8am, completely zonked out. Got up and had a look around, the bay is full of rubbish, obviously washed down during the storms. But it's all peace and serenity around me. Only thing to do, go straight back to bed! Slept like the dead until just before 11am, they always say that in a storm the crew are the weakest part on most yachts. It's the lack of sleep and constant noise, along with the throwing about, that gradually wears you down. Forecast looks good, I can see the sun and blue sky again. Make a large brekkie and am really glad to sit in the sunshine in the cockpit and scoff the lot. My temp is showing 23degs but after the cold of the last few days it feels a lot warmer. I'm hoping the jellyfish have left, so I can go swimming again. Did a few jobs around Nanjo, gave all the windows another dose of "Captain Tolleys Creaping Crack Cure" sometimes it works ok, be good if it just stems the flow of water? Made a cover for my bread knife, did a bit of polishing, it was great sitting in the sun again. Lunch was a large jimbo salad, with a coke. By 16:00 I have not seen another yacht move in the bay, it must be winter? Had a lovely nap in my cabin, woke at 18:00, and it's a lovely evening, made a coffee and just sat in the cockpit. This is a great place when it's all peace and calm, but not so good when your stuck inside a 31ft yacht, but thats probably the same for any anchorage when you can't get of the boat? Spent the evening on my lap top, updating this blog and playing scrabble and my motorbike sim. Actually made it back to the V-Max and even completed a delivery, next go a bus indicates to turn left and the bugger turns right and shunts me into the barrier, you've guessed it, busted back down to the moped again. Wasn't hungry after my jimbo salad, so just had a beer for dinner, at least it makes the washing up easy? Got stuck into my book and radio Lefkada, just wish I knew what some of the adverts were. Theres one where a woman with a sexy voice rambles on and then says "sexy black stillettos", I have no idea what she is selling, maybe a shoe shop or a knocking shop? Another and the womans screaming as if she is in trouble, some guy telling Moira to hang on, is it an advert for the RAC, Police or Samaritans? Maybe it's best I don't know, more fun trying to guess. Felt peckish at midnight, so marmalade and toast, Yummy.

Saturday 3rd November
Slept really well, had some lovely dreams, so I must be back on form. Everything was just so quiet and still. Woke at 08:30 with the sun beaming through the windows and a brilliant blue sky all around me. Breakfast in the cockpit, and just can't think of a better place on this planet to be having it. It's only 18 degs, but feels great. Have a hot wash, get the dinghy pumped up, top up the diesel tank with my spare drum, and I'm of to the shore for some bread and popeye pie. Decide to row as far to the end of the bay as possible, less distance to carry the diesel drum then. See the miserable woman at the bakers,get my bread,pies & pizza slice (well it was calling to me!). next door to the garage and 20 ltrs of derv and a ltr of 30sae gearbox oil,total cost 35euros, so I'm well happy. It's a lovely morning so I'm whistling as I walk back to the dingy, place everything onboard and the bay is still dead calm, so go for a row around. The good news is, I see no jelly fish at all, so a swim is on the cards for later, methinks. Back on board and finish topping up the derv tank, I have enough now easily to get to Messolonghi, and have about 10ltrs still in the drum. Have some of the fresh bread with marmalade, what a treat. Trying to think of what to do next, and I just decide to get my book out and laze in the cockpit enjoying the warm sun, the temp hits 27 degs. Have the popeye pie for a late lunch with a coke, and feeling obviously worn out, I decide to have an hours nap and fall asleep instantly on my day bed. Wake at 16:15, and decide as the suns still up, it's swim time. A quick look around Nanjo and no sign of any jelly fish, but to be on the safe side I give the skinny dipping a miss and put my trunks on. I'm glad I lowered myself into the water slowly as it's blooming cold, just wait a few minutes on the bottom rung of the ladder to get aclimatised, then push of. I'm glad to say I had a great swim, no jelly fish at all, but after 15 laps I was starting to feel knumb, my fingers and feet were feeling the cold, so time to get out and have a cold water shower on the stern, that feels really warm after my swim. Hopefully the next few days will be good weather and the sea will warm up? Make a couple of fetta and cucumber sarnies and a beer for a snack, sit in the cockpit and start a new book, and sit there until the sun goes down and it starts to get cold. Batten down all the hatches and close the main cabin doors and hatch. Light up the grill and warm up my pizza slice, it does give of a fair amount of heat into the cabin. The pizzas washed down with a beer, you just can't beat these simple dinners? It's pretty cold still inside Nanjo so I decided to climb into my sleeping bag and sit on my day bed reading my book, with radio Lefkada playing in the background. I've now worked out that if I wind the radio up until my wrist gets sore, I get about 90mins of radio play time. I must have been tired (busy day?) as the next thing I know is I'm waking up at 4am Sunday??

Sunday 4th November
Big suprise waking up on my day bed at 4am, I must have knodded of while reading my book, I do remember sinking further and further down as I was reading it. Just shows that if your tired and comfortable, you can sleep easily enough? It's absolutely still and quiet outside at 4am, wash my teeth and straight into my stern cabin, to carry on sleeping. Woke up at 08:00 to clouds and sunshine, I figured that I've slept enough so it must be time to eat again? The milk has gone sour, so just tea and toast eaten in the cockpit. It's only 15 degs on my gauge, but feels warm, everywhere is very wet though. The navtex is forecasting North Ionion W/ SW 3 to 4 winds and a NW 3 for the South Ionion, so all looking good for today. I'm planning a lunch visit to the yacht club to get on line and treat myself to one of there huge cooked "Ulster" breakfasts.
Spend a lazy morning, reading my book and doing a bit of dusting, the maids not turned up again? 14:00 and I'm loading the dinghy and of ashore, it's dead calm so an easy row, and I'm soon walking into the yacht club. Meet Belinda and order the Ulster brekkie, only to be told they have no uk bacon or black pudding, Oh well, I have to settlle for a large UK breakfast instead and of course a pint of draught to go with it. It was delish, and I'm soon on my second pint while surfing the net and downloading my e-mails. Received one from Tom and Anne with plenty of good advice on my chosen route to Messolonghi, and one from Mr X and his Disco 3000, great to hear that he might be interested in it after a few glitchs are sorted out. I really fancied another pint, but it's a lovely afternoon and my laptop battery is going flat, so row back to Nanjo and just chill out in the cockpit, until the sun goes down and it starts to get chilly pretty quickly. Down below and I get comfy with the sleeping bag and another beer,book and the radio. I'm not hungr at all, so just a few biscuits at 10pm for supper. Turned in soon after.


Comments
Vessel Name: Nanjo
Vessel Make/Model: Dromor Discovery 3000
Hailing Port: Nidri, Greece
Nanjo's Photos - Main
What I've been upto.
7 Photos
Created 18 August 2023
Some gorgeous winter weather and at least one job off my list! The wind indicator finally fitted.
22 Photos
Created 6 February 2016
Amazing maxi yacht, now being sailed back to the USA for restoration.
21 Photos
Created 6 February 2016
The last few weeks after Pete left. I had a great time. Picked up my new bike, and at Messolonghi my new crew!
31 Photos
Created 20 January 2016
My mate Pete onboard for a weeks sailing.
13 Photos
Created 20 January 2016
7 Photos
Created 20 January 2016
Joined by three friends at Kefalonia for a weeks sailing. Taken by the underwater camera built into a face mask.
10 Photos
Created 20 January 2016
My best sunrise so far, leaving Sami early. Keffalonia on my right and Ithaca on my left
4 Photos
Created 12 September 2015
A three day round trip to Benitses in Corfu for a Yamaha outboard engine
6 Photos
Created 12 September 2015
11 Photos
Created 12 September 2015
29 Photos
Created 12 September 2015
25 Photos
Created 28 July 2015
73 Photos
Created 27 July 2015
A great time with Pat and Nick, sailing back to Preveza.
51 Photos
Created 24 June 2015
Pictures taken on the trip from Messolonghi to Corfu
66 Photos
Created 31 May 2015
The last of my big repair jobs done and Nanjos launch.
23 Photos
Created 8 May 2015
Pictures from my first few weeks working on Nanjo.
33 Photos
Created 24 April 2015
7 Photos
Created 26 March 2015
Some pics that represent my year.
37 Photos
Created 8 January 2015
Some pictures of my time in the UK.
33 Photos
Created 1 January 2014
My week on Nanjo with my great mate Bon.
15 Photos
Created 1 January 2014
My weeks visit in May.
34 Photos
Created 1 January 2014
Some pics of my time back in the UK.
10 Photos
Created 17 May 2013
Nanjo safely ashore at last.
2 Photos
Created 13 May 2013
Messolonghi.
5 Photos
Created 10 March 2013
Taking the engine apart. Toms stew!
46 Photos
Created 19 February 2013
Suprise hail attack, and snow on the mountains behind town.
11 Photos
Created 14 February 2013
It's been a gorgeous week for sunshine and getting jobs done.
14 Photos
Created 4 February 2013
W/c 21st Jan. Been a few days of torrential rain.
36 Photos
Created 28 January 2013
Jan12/13th The local drag races, held at Messolonghi airfield. Sat:overcast/drizzle about 300 people. Sunday:Brilliant sunshine,about 2,000. A great weekend
56 Photos
Created 15 January 2013
46 Photos
Created 15 January 2013
Photos taken in and around Messolonghi Marina.
104 Photos
Created 8 January 2013
Bought these at a motorway service station. Brilliant scam, these are being mass produced somewhere, and I should think being sold worldwide, so beware. And don't hand over your money like I did! Anybody want to buy a cheap i Pad and phone?
20 Photos
Created 26 December 2012
Some pictures taken in and around Messolonghi.
38 Photos
Created 26 December 2012
I had a fantastic week with Andrea on board. The weather was not great, but we had hired a car for the week. In the end we covered 900 miles in it. Nafpaxtos in the south to Preveza in the north.
66 Photos
Created 18 December 2012
My last long trip, to Nanjos winter home at Messolonghi marina. I had headwinds all the way, so it was a motor job. But a gorgeous dry crisp day. Nanjos all secure now and will be lifted out in February and kept ashore.
62 Photos
Created 18 December 2012
I tried to head for Messolonghi or Limin Petala, but the head winds and storm coming was to much, so turned and ran for Kastos. Where I thought I would be safe! A big mistake. The damage pictures were taken at Kalamos, where I really should have gone when I had the chance. Which is a much safer harbour. Lesson learned.
29 Photos
Created 18 December 2012
I was hoping to get into the harbour at Astakos, but it was full of fishing boats, and the vacant spots had lines across. So, anchored just past the breakwater. Nice town
21 Photos
Created 18 December 2012
A lovely small anchorage.
13 Photos
Created 18 December 2012
Leg 4, a long trip!
49 Photos
Created 17 December 2012
I decided to walk to Port Leone. A deserted village after the earthquake in the 1950's. A gorgeous day and a 2 hr walk each way.
50 Photos
Created 17 December 2012
I decided to give my "Topclimber" a try out.
9 Photos
Created 17 December 2012
Leg 3
27 Photos
Created 17 December 2012
Leg 2
39 Photos
Created 17 December 2012
First leg of my trip to Messolonghi.
20 Photos
Created 17 December 2012
the sunshines over and the storms have arrived, torrential rain,thunder and lightning and gale force winds!
56 Photos
Created 4 November 2012
Pete Kings week on board Nanjo. A mixture of storms,sunshine,wind?
40 Photos
Created 30 October 2012
A weeks holiday, sailing around the Southern Ionian.
56 Photos
Created 25 September 2012
59 Photos
Created 5 September 2012
87 Photos
Created 3 August 2012
Alone again, it's Bye Bye Corfu and hello Southern Ionian.
25 Photos
Created 7 July 2012
58 Photos
Created 9 June 2012
75 Photos
Created 5 May 2012
Loads still to do????
92 Photos
Created 3 April 2012
Arrived on Tuesday night to a flooded yacht. Not a problem as I have a year to sort it out.
61 Photos
Created 22 March 2012
All the stuff being delivered out to Nanjo. 15 boxs and 213kg!!! Unfortunately I could not wrap the motorbike up and post it?
1 Photo
Created 19 March 2012
I spent 3 weeks on a shake down cruise around the southern Ionian. Actually only 9 days on the move and 6 harbours. Everything went well, except the problem anchor winch!
29 Photos
Created 5 February 2012
Westerly Tempest, 31ft Bilge Keel. Master and Commander. John Shutler
20 Photos
Created 1 February 2012
The last yacht I looked at, and lying in a yard near Nidri, Greece.
24 Photos
Created 25 January 2012