S/V Navigo

We cannot change the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

08 October 2012 | CR
08 October 2012 | CR
05 October 2012 | Campbell River, BC
03 October 2012 | CR
02 July 2012 | CR
02 July 2012 | CR
20 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
14 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
13 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
12 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
11 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
05 May 2012 | Campbell River, BC
10 April 2012 | Puerto Vallarta
09 April 2012
08 April 2012 | Nuevo Vallarta
07 April 2012 | Anywhere in Mexico!
06 April 2012 | Bucerias, Nayarit
02 April 2012 | Pitillal
31 March 2012 | El Pitallal, Jalisco

Boat Tasks Never End Even in Paradise

16 March 2012 | Neuvo Vallarta
Camelia
I bet you all think that we had a lovely day in paradise. Well, yes we did however we did have to work for it until like 4:00 p.m.

This is how our day in paradise worked out today. Got up around 8:30 am, had coffee (Bob), then I got up around 9:00 am immediately started to help Bob measure and cut material to make covers for our fenders. After the cutting was all done, I started to prepare breakfast for us, home made hash browns, sliced tomato, fried smoked pork chops, fried eggs and orange juice. Bob continued to sew our first fender cover.

Breakfast ready to enjoy in the cockpit where it is nice and cool. Yum, yum! Then back to work. Bob continues sewing while I do the wash and dry dishes and help him in between. I covered some opening with window screen to stop any bugs from getting into the boat.

Melissa and Tyler arrive and visit us for an hour or so while Bob finishes up the last fender cover. Time to call Kevin my son, to wish him a Happy Birthday. We all sing Happy Birthday and wish him well on his 35th. Wow! Where does the time go when he was just a little guy.

Bob cleans up his mess from sewing, vacuuming threads on the floor and putting the sewing machine away. I start inspecting cupboards and organizing. You never know what you collect in the cupboards over a couple of months and it's good to know what you have in stock.

Bob in the mean time starts to sort through his clothes cupboard and discovers that many of the items he hasn't been wearing have managed to gather mold and smell all musty. In I come and empty the cupboard, wash it with vinegar and bleach to kill any mold that may be growing somewhere inside. Pile up all the clothes that will need to be washed and there is my next days job in paradise. Two or three loads of laundry to do tomorrow.

It's really hot now at 4:00 pm so we tidy things up, make a snake and a cold freshment, sit in the cockpit and relax for half an hour. Now it's time for a shower before dinner and our day is pretty much done.

Once dinner is done and dishes we will probably play some sequence or watch a movie and then hit the sack!

How did your day go today and what did you accomplish outside of Paradise?
Comments
Vessel Name: Navigo
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanis 42CC
Hailing Port: Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
Crew: Bob & Camelia
About: Bob grew up in Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia and Camelia grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our plans are to leave Vancouver on Sept. 1, 2011 to sail down the west coast of the USA to Mexico for the winter.
Extra: We would love to hear from you so please send us an email to: bobandcamelia@gmail.com

S/V Navigo

Who: Bob & Camelia
Port: Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
We cannot change the wind, but we can adjust our sails.