S/V Navigo

We cannot change the wind, but we can adjust our sails.

08 October 2012 | CR
08 October 2012 | CR
05 October 2012 | Campbell River, BC
03 October 2012 | CR
02 July 2012 | CR
02 July 2012 | CR
20 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
14 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
13 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
12 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
11 June 2012 | Campbell River, BC
05 May 2012 | Campbell River, BC
10 April 2012 | Puerto Vallarta
09 April 2012
08 April 2012 | Nuevo Vallarta
07 April 2012 | Anywhere in Mexico!
06 April 2012 | Bucerias, Nayarit
02 April 2012 | Pitillal
31 March 2012 | El Pitallal, Jalisco

Planting, Planting and More Planting

06 October 2012 | CR
Camelia

One of the things we spent a lot of time doing this summer was planning our front and back yard. There were a few cedars planted in the back yard along the fence when we bought the house in 2009. We decided to plant more small cedars along the fence in the summer of 2010 for privacy as we were expecting that somewhere down the road there would be houses built behind us.

While we were gone last summer a house was built on the right of us, so this year we decided to plant some cedars along the that side of the house for more privacy. Only this time we planted a type of cedars that deer do not like to eat. We purchased them late in the summer and managed to get them at a really great price. They looked a bit scraggly however with some TLC we are hoping they will come around.

In addition to trees we also planted about 10 blueberry and 6 raspberry bushes. It sounds pretty simple to just dig a hole and put the plant in the whole with some mulch and plant food. No no no...not that simple. We first planted the berry bushes along the fence where are new neighbors are and were soon alerted that this was not a good spot as the soil was far to wet. So up they came and repotted temporarily until we found a good spot for them. Out with the berry plants in with the cedars.

The blueberry and raspberry plants remained in pots until we decided where we really would like them to be. It took about a month or more before we replanted the berry bushes.

We have planted and replanted so many things in our front and back gardens that keep going back and forth. I expect that this will continue as long as we are gardening.

I have made a decision also to plant rose bushes all along the other side of our house. I bought a beautiful red climbing rose bush that we planted first and Bob built a beautiful trellis for it. Then my good friend Beverly gave me a beautiful yellow rose bush and another that I think is pink. The yellow rose bush has bloomed twice but the last one she gave me was late in the year and didn't have a chance to bloom.

Bottom line is I love flowers and gardening. Bob loves fruit/herbs/veggies and gardening.
Comments
Vessel Name: Navigo
Vessel Make/Model: Beneteau Oceanis 42CC
Hailing Port: Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
Crew: Bob & Camelia
About: Bob grew up in Musquodoboit Harbour, Nova Scotia and Camelia grew up in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Our plans are to leave Vancouver on Sept. 1, 2011 to sail down the west coast of the USA to Mexico for the winter.
Extra: We would love to hear from you so please send us an email to: bobandcamelia@gmail.com

S/V Navigo

Who: Bob & Camelia
Port: Campbell River, British Columbia, Canada
We cannot change the wind, but we can adjust our sails.