S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Happy Freezing Valentine's Day

I think last night was the coldest of the year.

Brrrrr!

Normally our furnace comes on with a 20% duty cycle but last night that must have been nearly 40%. Oh well. Most of winter is behind us but I certainly do wish I was in warmer climates aboard Nelleke. Sigh!

Happy Valentine's Day, All. I hope that you all have a main squeeze to squeeze; a snuggly to snuggle with; someone to smooch. For us today will be a wee bit laid back as none of the high end Valentine's Day sort of restaurants are open, so we'll be doing a dinner at home with a bottle of wine, snuggling in front of the tube or the fireplace as the mood hits us, but as I said I would way rather be doing something in front of a bonfire on a beach. I really do envy our friends down south. Maybe I should rob a bank or become a gigalo or something to make more money so we can get away earlier. No, actually that wouldn't work either as the main reason that I want to stay here for another 18-24 months at least is so that Barb can get her knees done. Double Sigh! I guess I have to resign myself to it. Probably the rest of this winter and two more....

Hang on. Between the winters there will be a summer and that will be worth waiting for. Grow a spine, Mike. Maybe use one of those icicles that are hanging outside your window.

Comments