S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Same day different local

Putting in this second post instead of adding to the addendum to the last.

We are on the hook at Cuttyhunk (good thing we got here by 1400 as we have been watching boat after boat arriving as the day progresses) which saves us $45 which instead we spent most of at the wee village market and at the raw bar. For those of you who have never been here the raw bar is a boat the comes around the mooring and anchorage and offers fresh seafood such as oysters on the half shell clams and other stuff. We sprung for a smoked seafood pate which I think was mostly sashimi but very tasty. A nice touch is that they gave you the small Tupperware tub of it along with a package of crackers. The idea is for you to sit on the deck with a drink in one hand and scarf back the nosh. Very civilized! Since the anchorage is free it is almost tempting to stay here for a couple of days. We found that Nomad the Austrian aluminium cutter had arrived here on Wednesday and had chosen to stay. They will be departing tomorrow for Newport to take in their boat show before continuing their journey. As for us, unless we change our minds the plan is still to head for Block Island tomorrow.

Comments