S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

A Decision Made

Well! After long and profound though and consultation with the entrails we have decided to depart this lovely spot. If we leave here at 1600 tonight we should get to Port Washington at 0830-0900 Wednesday AM.

Yesterday Peri was still struggling with the shock of the attack and we were concerned that he didn't eat anything and only drank some water but this AM he choked down pretty well. Big sigh of relief! He is on painkillers and antibiotics for the next ten days while he heals so I expect him to be pretty dopey while he is. We will take him ashore this morning to see how he makes out but I will also be carrying a big stick in case there is another dog incident and trust me, if it happens again I don't plan to stop whacking until the twitching stops.

Today after walking Peri Barb and I will head into town to get some cash and a few groceries and then this PM I will try to get some sleep before the night sail.

Addendum: Peri's walk was a raging success! Although not his old self he was putting weight on his injured leg and even hopped up onto the setee when the walk was over. Praise be! Our walk into town was also successful. We got a good deal on groceries at a store that was trying to sell off their stock before closing and Barb got a good poke about in stores. I too found out that I am seriously undercharging for my knitting bowls. There was a yarn store that was selling much smaller ones than I make for $130 while I make them for $30-60!

Back at the boat for tea and readiness to depart tonight. We could go to Port Washington or Port Jefferson so we'll see what the wind brings. I will blog you tomorrow and let you know where we end up.

Comments