S/V NELLEKE

The ship's blog for SV Nelleke out of Shelburne, NS

Plan a day at Port Jefferson

Barb was good enough to cook my birthday dinner last night (that makes it sound like she never cooks otherwise, which isn't the case) and we had Al and Heather from Moonlight Maid and Brian and Sue from Sea Rose over to join us. It was a great evening made special by the addition of old friends and new ones but cruiser's midnight caught up with us all at around 2100 so the evening was shorter than otherwise I might have liked.

Today Moonlight Maid and Sea Rose blazed the trail to Port Washington while Barb and I stayed behind to do some chores on the boat trying to isolate the problem with the radio and to cut back the drip at the cutlass bearing.

No one bothered us at the mooring here last night so I am hoping that if we are quiet and polite we may be left alone.

By mid afternoon I had taken a small tighten on the nuts for the stuffing box and only lost one adjustable wrench in the process. From now on I will be tying a string to tools when I and working below the floorboards. We'll see how that makes out and then try it again if it needs it.

I also discovered that my solution for the radio is going to be to run a whole new cable and antenna for it and have done with it. I found that there appears to be open connections etc so the only real solution is going to be to replace everything. I'll do this in Port Washington where there is a boating supply store.

Sigh!

Tonight I am cooking to return the favour to the Admiral and as it cooks I am sitting here thumbing this addition to the blog and listening to The Fine Tuners, a fiddle group from Halifax who are simply superb. Check out their website at www.thefinetuners.ca

Their are lots more photos that we are going to post to the gallery when we can access the inet without using the cellphone.

Comments